do we test 1988 BMW 3 series , EVAP test ?

do we test 1988 BMW 3 series , EVAP test ?

mdpepper

Re: do we test 1988 BMW 3 series , EVAP test ?

BasicTech678
no and most other euros are also NA due to plastic lines and caps

Re: do we test 1988 BMW 3 series , EVAP test ?

NO. Your adapter won't fit right and only hold on one side because, if you look inside the filler neck, there is a metal lip on one side.

I'll post a picture when I get a minute.

Re: do we test 1988 BMW 3 series , EVAP test ?

mdpepper
thank you

Re: do we test 1988 BMW 3 series , EVAP test ?

Re: do we test 1988 BMW 3 series , EVAP test ?

none
Troll wrote
To be old, cynical, truthful, and forgetful of previous posts- I'll ramble on again.
The question of testable evap on this model is valid, but shows extreme inexperience.
Whenever evap started (years ago) - it became clear within 2 years then that this model is non testable.
If all new techs had to apprentice under a journeyman for at least 2 years, then this question would be self answered.Bar issues licenses like old stock machine tiicket tapers.
OR we could just ask the new guys to use the SEARCH function first. This has been posted on here about 805 times I think.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/94-bmw-325i-evap-test-td5058522.html#a5058524

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/Quick-Question-1994-Bmw-3Series-2-5L-Evap-td5071990.html#a5072003

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/The-Truth-About-EVAP-td5037809.html#a5037814