doomsday is upon us

DeadTheSTAR
wish everyone luck on their FPR scores coming out in a week or so... this will determine if i am employed or not for the next 6 months. Ive been working on it for a year now and its been dipping so ive been looking for other jobs as a back up plan. wish everyone the best.

Re: doomsday is upon us

Umbrella Coorperation

Re: doomsday is upon us

Skanga
Picture taken just moments ago at BAR HQ of our scores being calculated:

Re: doomsday is upon us

DeadTheSTAR
smooth operator wrote
Good luck as well. It's do or die for me (.10) Wonder if the'll wait till the 15 in the afternoon so angered techs can't call until monday. Maybe I should of stopped my cleanpiping ways....sarcasm

im at a .10 also so im still good at my shop cus i was inserted when i had a .50 but if it goes lower than that then ill have to look for a different job....for me it was doing used car dealer smogs for my uncle 2 years ago thats messing me up.

Re: doomsday is upon us

Skanga , yeah , it totally makes sense to me now ...lol
  Well DTS and SMoothop , I am joining  the doomsday club with you . .12 from a .84 two years ago. The bad thing is , i don't know how to do anything else , but I know someone who has this and me and my family in the palm of His hand so i am not really worried .I guess thats when i will be forced to start my new chapter and new occupation . If we Technicians cannot appeal our FPR then whats the use of being unemployed for six months and then coming back ? IN that case i will tell EDD that i am a Seasonal worker maybe i will get a special perk for that on my unemployment paycheck .
Good luck i am praying for you .
\   sorry it ws a .58 just before it dove to a .12

Re: doomsday is upon us

STAR is Racist
this is so legit

Re: doomsday is upon us

I feel for ya man, but one of the reasons test only is dying is cause the rating system is corrupt. Your livelihood depends on the BAR, not a good position for anyone.

Re: doomsday is upon us

By the way nice icon you got there! Go Eagles!

Re: doomsday is upon us

smwalker
How does the unemployment compensation usually work in this situation?  Anyone ever have a hard time claiming it?

Re: doomsday is upon us

If you have the balls you might go to the labor relations board tell them how you lost your job and demand that the STAR metric be revealed under the freedom of information act? If determined justified you loss your job but just maybe in the interest of bureaucracy in lieu of revealing the metric they will change your FPR. Magic!

Re: doomsday is upon us

Re: doomsday is upon us

Umbrella Coorperation

Re: doomsday is upon us

Karupt
Yes, i am hopeing this for all of us ! scores above .10 ,we are doing our job , the short term measures shows this ! still BAR is using a some sort of interstellar quantum physics metric to generate our FPR.
  D, star is not for accident prone on data entry , how do you explain IGS ,and too many restarts and aborts ? wtf ? i had to abort for legitimate reasons all the time , tranny fluid all over the dyno once , blown lower radiation hose , etc . these are things that happen , its not us trying to help the customer , its the area our shop is in , we never considered there would be people living around this area that drive this POS ,I think BAR should consider and EDUCATE the public , but that is not in their best interest of course .

Re: doomsday is upon us

Re: doomsday is upon us

Best Answer I Can Give
 D, are they really the BAD guys or just the guys that are saying, BAR your program is a pile of Dung.

 LOOK IT HAS BIG OLD HOLES IN IT. IT'S BEATABLE. YOU CAN STILL CHEAT.
Your calling them bad? I call them SMART.

Re: doomsday is upon us

Re: doomsday is upon us

Best Answer I Can Give
 D, you hit that right on the head. Day 1 If you didn't do what we the BAR "THINKS" is not right you must be cheating.
There was a reason you aborted a test. Yes a safety reason. NO YOU CHEATED!
The reason the test ran long was YOU CHEATED. No Maybe The Hose Fell OUT.

 What has bothered me from day ONE YOU GOT LUMPED. Some shop was seen stopping the test pulling a car off and putting another car on, SO YOU ALL DO IT. BULL SHIT. I Never even thought to do that, yet I got LUMPED.

Re: doomsday is upon us

I agree with you there D! i was told to not shift into 3rd gear if car is within the 3000rpm mark , so now judging from other techs, and also the possibility that i might get acceleration violation and restart , i make it go above 3000 and then shift .But no BAR, it hasn't changed our behaviour at all . We HAVE to choose ,while doing our job on a dyno , If we will take a restart for doing our job properly and testing it at 2978-2990  cause thats what my eis does at that rpm then it goes down ,then up again causing an accel violation and restart , or go the easy , not correct way of shifting to third . But i guess it is correct NOW cause 90 percent of us feel it is the best way to not catch a ding . smh , IF you BAR would tell us it is okay to shift to third , then 100 percent of us would be doing it , i can gaurantee you we would . Heck how can you be cheating by keeping the vehicle under 3000 rpms ? How is that cheating ? smh

Re: doomsday is upon us

sm walker , i hope you have a w-2 if not now maybe at some point you worked with a w-2 and accumulated some unemployment insurance .Even if it was just six months.you could apply online for unemployment , but hopefully and i pray that none of us have to go that route .

Re: doomsday is upon us

so what day is it coming out?
12