down

justa
Banned User

Re: down

I had to test a 2006 F-150 THREE times before it would issue a f**king certificate.  No, I didn't change the f**king equipment during the first two tests, and yes, the customer was inconvenienced through no fault of my own.  I need to go out back and take a few deep breaths ...

barrym95838
EO144107

Re: down

cosmokramertheassman
OIS is down here at my shop. San Bernardino area.

Re: down

bizarsmog
OIS works in San Francisco and Berkeley right now ., Happy new Month GUYS

Re: down

yup it's down. the app won't load alright.

Re: down

i don't understand HOW is one shop working and other shop is not? We all connect to the same server no?

Re: down

KeepItReal
It's working in the Central Valley, did 6 cars so far.

Re: down

PCMASTER
WORKING HERE IN L.A

Re: down

Working in Downtown LA

Re: down

cosmokramertheassman
Back up and running here in SB. It was only down for a few minutes I believe.

Re: down

This is what the BAR website has for the F-150 that I had to do three times on my self-assembled Applus/Windows8 setup to finally get a certificate:

A unique opportunity has been privately presented to me by a member of this forum.  I think that I'm going to pull the trigger on it, and let you guys in on some of the details later.

barrym95838
EO144107

Re: down

FiendFX
so how did the first 2 smogs u did, didn't have a certificate number? but the last smog did? it all passed?

Re: down

The first two tests went without incident, but both skipped past asking me if I wanted to issue a certificate, and printed the following:
                                        Overall Test Result
                                                 PASS

No Smog Check certificate has been issued because the testing equipment has
changed during the test.  If you believe that this result is in error, you may want
to schedule an appointment with the BAR Referee at 800.622.7733.

                Visual Inspection: PASS      Functional Inspection:  PASS
barrym95838
EO144107

Re: down

Barry are you gonna share your secret or what?

Re: down

Karupt
 up then down all day today on that darn OIS , i had to do a car asm by the time i came back to the OIS I was already done with the ASM . ANNOYING ....

Re: down

FiendFX wrote
Barry are you gonna share your secret or what?
Not ready yet.  I don't want to spill the beans too early ... give me a few weeks, then ask again.

barrym95838
EO144107

Re: down

Karupt
Barry that musta been annoying as heck! I wonder what "equipment" the BAR software is talking about being "switched out " wth? the only equipment i have is a dad a printer and desktop computer what is it that i am suppposedly going to change out , AND TO WHAT end ? so as to not issue my customer a certificate and do test 3-4 times ? very very crazy glitch or mysterious part of the software if you ask me .

Re: down

FiendFX
I'm assuming the OIS software didn't recognize the DAD's serial number somehow and assumed it was another DAD device. When you register your DAD to your OIS software, it always check at the beginning to make sure it's the same DAD that is registered to your shop.