early 2000 buick

Bay's smog
didn't think it had tc but I found out the hard way. punchline is its non disengage. im new to the game. any tips on others that may not seem like a car with traction control but actually do have it. vets?

Re: early 2000 buick

FiendFX
99 and below are easy to find the traction control button. just refer to the ECS book

Re: early 2000 buick

Centralized Smog
When you key on for the mil test, check for any tc lights

Re: early 2000 buick

cosmokramertheassman
Saturn VUEs have a tricky traction control disengage procedure. No button so you have to put the gear selector in the lowest setting. That automatically turns the TC off.

Re: early 2000 buick

FiendFX
i just do TSI on those. no dings.

Re: early 2000 buick

BlueSky
cosmokramertheassman wrote
Saturn VUEs have a tricky traction control disengage procedure. No button so you have to put the gear selector in the lowest setting. That automatically turns the TC off.
The 2.2l has the TC button to disable system, the 3.5l doesn't have the button.  If you use "L" it will disable the TC but your RPMs will be to high when testing, at least that's what I have seen.  Didn't you get a ding for testing that vehicle in the wrong gear?

Re: early 2000 buick

cosmokramertheassman
Pretty much what Just A said. I run it in the lowest gear until the traction light comes on, then put it back in D. Never been dinged. Shifts like normal.

Re: early 2000 buick

missing
cavalier same thing drop to a low gear get trac off

Re: early 2000 buick

BlueSky
cosmokramertheassman wrote
Pretty much what Just A said. I run it in the lowest gear until the traction light comes on, then put it back in D. Never been dinged. Shifts like normal.
That's good to know but we won't be dyno testing these any longer.

Re: early 2000 buick

cavalier, just put the ebrake on. trac will come off.

Re: early 2000 buick

Unplugging the brake switch does wonders for cars with broken TCS switches.

And you are still without OIS:  2006 Honda Odyssey with messed up TPMS sensors will disable the TCS switch, making appear to be broken.