evap machine quetion

Evil Morty
OPUS tech came over and updated the GEN 3 to be connected with the evap last week he told me i would no longer need to upload data on dial up but i tried using my machine and its saying upload required... is he an idiot? i have the old portable delphi
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: evap machine quetion

SamiTheSmogChick
are you sure its not asking for a calibration?

I believe there is an option in one of the gen3 menus where you can manually upload for the evap tester

Re: evap machine quetion

Evil Morty
its asking for the upload but i remembered the tech saying we no longer have to send the upload manually
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: evap machine quetion

I'm gonna wait until the last day to update mine, and let you Guinea Pigs work out all the kinks and hassles for me.  Ain't I a stinker?

Re: evap machine quetion

SamiTheSmogChick
It could be that when your guy connected your EVAP tester, he did not upload any remaining test results that were in your tester. I would just do the upload manually, since its asking for it.

Then, the next time you'd have anything in there to upload would happen at the end of the smog check that you'd be in the middle of, and then the gen3 uploads the info for you.

Re: evap machine quetion

Evil Morty
i appreciate your help!
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: evap machine quetion

SamiTheSmogChick
no problem. Glad to pass on what I know to help other's, as a lot of what I know I have learned from someone else.

This particular issue I learned on my own though, as the very first EVAP test that was done (at the shop where I work) after it was connected to the gen3 was done by me.

Re: evap machine quetion

D Rochells 150861
You can purge the data in one of the EVAP menus on the BAR97, there are lots of new options. It can run a test and show you how much nitrogen was used.

Re: evap machine quetion

Hard Nox
Trying to stay positive on this topic.
We are all learning as guinea pigs hopefully do.

Not too much training from BAR on this NEW TEST Procedure.  Sure would be nice if BAR could have developed  a video training module along with  introduction.

1) No result
2) High/Low pressure
3) Restriction in flow
4) Following the new screens and prompts
5) Switching up from pushing buttons on 1 devise to the other
6) knowing which prompts lead to what actions
7) 2nd Test or No Chance
8) Aux Menus available or not
9) ??? ??? ???

Keep it positive and Learn from each other.

Re: evap machine quetion

805smogtech
Basically you don't have to upload the results on normal calibration days anymore (usually monday and thursday morning). Instead you wait until the gas cap test is done, then hook up your evap machine to your bar 97. make sure the machine is on and you bottle is open. then just follow the on-screen prompts to "purge data". Data will be purged before every evap test. its really not bad once you do it a few times, and develop a routine. the first few times are a bit of a pita, and it adds a few minutes to each test. just remember to follow the on-screen prompts on the bar-97. if i can do it, then everyone else should have no trouble with it lol. good luck

Re: evap machine quetion

Evil Morty
1 more question guys the opus tech said that the evap machine has to be connected to the analyzer the whole time during the evap test. i did a manual evap test and disconnected it and reconnected it after the test was over and everything was fine. im guessing this guy has no idea about the evap machine
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: evap machine quetion

No One
I hope that it doesn't have to be connected the whole time. I have the Delphi one and don't want to have to get an extended cord.

Re: evap machine quetion

D Rochells 150861
They need to teach cable management in the smog classes.

Re: evap machine quetion

Evil Morty
This post was updated on .
just wanted to know if i wasted money on buying the extension. derp derp
opus tech said it was needed.
derp.
This seems like a good time for a drink and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: evap machine quetion

Re: evap machine quetion

D Rochells 150861
Everything is plugged in and clean, you guys just suck at cable management.

Re: evap machine quetion

none
D Rochells 150861 wrote
Everything is plugged in and clean, you guys just suck at cable management.
YEAH, But you suck at taking clear pictures... So there.

BTW, That is not the Delphi machine.

Re: evap machine quetion

D Rochells 150861
I know, its a shitty phone. I for one would welcome the Delphi challenge as I could mount it to the bar97. If anyone wants me to make their crap proper its $1000 plus parts and travel expenses.

Re: evap machine quetion

none
The problem with mounting it to the machine is that the hose on the Delphi unit to connect to the filler neck is only about three feet long. If it is on the other side of the car you will be screwed.

Re: evap machine quetion

D Rochells 150861
Easy enough to make an extension.
123