flyer to my customers

just another shop owner
BE GLAD YOU AREN’T GETTING ALL THE GOVERNMENT YOU’RE PAYING FOR

Starting January 1, 2013 the Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) started a new smog check program called “STAR”.

Over half of the present smog shops did not qualify for this program.  Many shops are in the process of
trying to qualify.

The majority of smog shops do not feel that the  STAR  program is good for the public.  It is meant to fail and we will then see a return to Centralized Testing, like we had in the late 70’s and early 80’s.

If that program was so great, why don’t we still have it today?  Instead it was a fiasco, ask anyone who went through it.  One of the biggest problems was that the bottom line came before customer service.  There were not enough stations. You could sit in line for two to three hours and then have some young kid test your car who had very little training.

To read about the STAR program go to http://www.stopthestarprogram.com. Go to the About page.
We as smog  technicians have no problem with the first three items.  We have problems with the rest of the items, examples are:
        FPR—Basically it says that if your car passes today and it fails in two years, somehow it is our fault.
        CFR—If you maintain your vehicle and someone else doesn’t, or if there was a factory defect that you have taken care of, and your car passes the smog check, the state assumes that we have been dishonest.

If you have any questions on these two items, call the BAR 1-800-952-5210.  One of the reasons for this flyer is that we would like to have you contact the people that can change this.

Please e-mail or phone your California  Representatives.  You can find them on the internet at:
http://www.legislature.ca.gov.

To put it nicely, the STAR program is not right.  It is a no win situation.  They want to see a certain
percentage of cars fail, yet if I fail a car that passed two years before, the tech that passed it is
penalized for the failure.  (YES IT IS CONFUSING!)

Why are smog stations being penalized for things they have no control over?  If you have maintained your car, it should pass the smog check.  We are maintenance police.  A maintained car is a clean car.

There are several shops in the area that are STAR certified.  Ask us and we can help you.

We need you to help us and to help yourself,  TO FIGHT A PROGRAM THAT IS NOT RIGHT!

If you don’t like the problem that the government has created, you’re sure not going to like their solution.

                                                                THANK YOU

Re: flyer to my customers

Citation Addict
Ive already got my customers involved, some are right up the street from me, and i gave them the BARS number and a few reps names so they can handle my loyal angry customers. They now have to drive 5 miles out of thier way to get thier vehicle tested. Rather then drive 10 minutes down the street.

Re: flyer to my customers

MaRK Wyland is the state representative his office is in Carlsbad , look up his number and lets blow it up with phone calls !

Re: flyer to my customers

FIREWALKER
THANKS FOR POSTING YOUR LETTER TO CUSTOMERS . IF YOU DONT MIND I MADE 1,000 COPIES AND ADDED MY LOCAL CONGRESSWOMAN AND ADDED LOCAL BAR PHONE #. IM VISTING ALL THE SHOPS IN MY CITY . AND GIVING THEM 3 COPIES EACH TO SPREAD THE WORD . APPARENTLY SOME SHOPS DONT KNOW ABOUT  THE WEBSITE   WWW.STOPTHESTARPROGRAM.COM   .     VERY HELPFUL NICELY WRITTEN.  P.S. WHO EVER POSTED THE VIDEO NEWS ARTICLE HORRAY. CAN SOME ONE PUT IT ON YOUTUBE , LETS MAKE THIS GO VIRAL!       THANK YOU!

Re: flyer to my customers

just another shop owner
  That was the reason. Get it out there!

Re: flyer to my customers

FIREWALKER
I GAIN CUSTOMER SUPPORT. WHEN THEY READ THE LETTER. SOME SAY THEY WILL CERTAINLY CALL CA. CONGRESSWOMAN ; JANICE HAHN, IN D.C. HER NUMBER IS 1-202-225-8220. IN SAN PEDRO ITS 1-310-831-1799.  THANKS