fpr?

How is it possible to have a .98 FPR?
That means that on average the cars you tested 2 years ago 98 outta every 100 are passing?
I have a 19% svfr and most of my cutomers are regulars, so in theory my score should be in the .80's . Not complaining cause I"m passing but if I was on the other end of the spectrum I would interested on how this number is
calculated.

Re: fpr?

Accused
No it means they are 98% sure that tech or shop is doing everything right.

They probably feel real generous "allowing" techs with a score below .5 to work at all.  Because that means they are more than 50% sure he is doing everything wrong.

The whole metric stinks of this kind of bias.  It starts with an explanation of their thinking that basically states that they believe that in many vehicle groups, over half of the vehicles are certified incorrectly.

Read their material. They are sure that YOU are a crook.  They just got sick of trying to prove it and instituted a system of kicking people out that they had any suspicion of.  And to add to their new efficiency model, why not throw out a bunch more that they don't know anything about at all.

I mean, they're just low life techs.  They're not even real people.

Re: fpr?

Joeinpb

Re: fpr?

138541
Very happy that I'm passing, but still scared as hell I could fail on next score. We have one store in Sac
that is STAR certified and one that is still waiting for reply from BAR. Shop that is Star has seen 25% jump
in cars while the non STAR store has seen a 50% drop. Had to fire a Tech yesterday when the new scores
came out he had a .19 fpr. This on the same day our citation came up on its one year anniversery and we
were supposed to be Star. So we had to remove him from the store and retry today for STAR cert. I feel
bad for him cause he is NOT a bad tech. I have worked with him for over 5 years. We work at the same
store with the same customers and the difference in our scores (.19-.98) is why I'm curious on how they
calculate this number.

Re: fpr?

Everyone's argument regarding the FPR, is that "how can any technician control what the customer
does with their vehicle after the test 2-years ago and before the test in the next cycle?"
I get a lot of vehicles that are right at the Max Cut Point on Emissions that will most likely
fail in their next cycle. The BAR penalizes us for criteria of that nature.
What is your thoughts on that?
Thank  You, Kenny Wuori

Re: fpr?

Accused
Simple answer is that you're right, BAR penalizes you for those cars.  They think that they have taken into account that a percentage of cars will fail but it can't possibly account for differences in regions and neighborhoods versus the state averages that they are using for comparison.  And if you don't match the state averages you are a piece of shit.  OOPS - excuse me, a bigger piece of shit that the rest of the techs in the state.