how much the state make from aftemarket parts?

how much the state make from aftemarket parts?

IEtech
How much money do you guys think the state/Bar makes from companies that make approved aftermarket part for cars? and by approved i mean they had to pay the state to approved them,because we all know an approved intake its just as good or bad as a non approved one, same with headers and other aftermarket parts; so costumers will buy it with out concern of getting tickets or failing smog.

Same with catalytic converters, now they have us dragging on the floor trying to read a number 5 inches from the floor to verify its a legal cat. and the manufacturer paid their entry fee into the states turf...

In a way they use us techs to make money.

Re: how much the state make from aftemarket parts?

Mark
You know most of the CARB approved aftermarket
parts cost at least 50% more then the exact same
part less the CARB label. I think this gives some Idea
that the  manufacturer paid out the you know what for
the privilege of this number.

As far as the law about techs checking converter numbers.
They need to make a law that the cat manufacture has to have
BIG ASS NUMBERS ON BOTH SIDES OF THE CAT
With there BIG ASS PHONE NUMBER BESIDES IT.
That you can call and verify application.