injuction

mohan

Just wont to know if there will be a injuction to stop star program.
thank you GOD bless and happy holidays.

Re: injuction

007
You didn't really just ask this question? Hell no! there is no injuction to stop this thing. The state out smarted the legal team trying to get the injunction. There is a date sometime in Feburary to discuss the injunction by then it is to late and the damage is done. We all just got bent over. The Miyans perdicted the end and sure as fuck the smog program as we no it to day is ending in 2 weeks. The beganing of the end. We will disappear one by one just like the Miyans did.

Re: injuction

Banned
I talked to Chris a couple weeks back, and he said they were trying to get the demurer hearing
date moved up, from January 8th. If that doesn't happen, then the 8th is the next significant
date. He said the demurer was "totally expected," and it's a common stalling tactic. Once the
judge dismisses the demurer, then the injunction hearing will take place, in the near future.

The best thing you can do after the 1st, is to keep track of all the business you are losing. Be
sure to right down plates, and get them over the phone as well, when calls come in. After all,
if you are losing 20 cars a day, due to a piss poorly created program, which is found to be
unconstitutional, you shouldn't have any problem getting compensation for this. Just keep your
pages and pages of lost jobs, and get ready for your court trip.

Re: injuction

Mohan
That's good to know, thanks for the heads up.
GOD bless

Re: injuction

Dobule oh and Banned , I feel you feel you double oh ,my mind goes there alot latley but i am one of those that are just bouned to keep positive feelings in the front .
Banned i will take your advice and keep a record of all the lost customers names , and licence plates, and phone numbers and etc, but i still feel like double oh seven , like the state is adamant about pushing us out of bussiness. The media should really hear about this since we are not the only one being pushed off this "Dooomsday Cliff " . I really need to get hold of Turko any body got a number ASAp??

Re: injuction

007
I am going to make an assumption that most people on this site are professional smog tech's and  by definition of professional meaning, we all know how to do a legal and proper inspection.  I am sure we can all agree with that. Therefore, I am assuming that the lawyers are also professionals. If they knew and that is a big (IF) they knew that a demurer was going to be filed, they should have also knowing how long the process would take to go through the court system. Knowing this they should have filed the suit much sooner in anticipation of this filing, they told us in July they had  2 canidates for the suit, but waited until late September to file. I have a hard time believing they knew a demurer would be filed by the State and if they did know, it just shows that they are only concernd with winnng the class action suit and making money for themselves no matter when that date is.  Unfortunately, we rely on doing smogs to support ourselves and familys and stopping this thing turned out not to be the priority in this class action suit. I truely feel sorry for all the shops and techs who relied on the hope of this case. Good luck to all.