looks like my smog days might be over

DeadTheSTAR
i have an interview with the USPS on wednesday for a job....only thing that concerns me is how many hours ill get but i hope its better than this....i like the downtime from operating your own shop. when its busy the money is good but i hate that every 6 months you have to worry about keeping your job. need something stable..who knows if it doesnt work out then ill come back, it gives my license a break from smogs anyways.

Re: looks like my smog days might be over

Best wishes!

It might be in your best interests to keep your EO license current ... it's cheap and easy to renew, but a bit more of a hassle to reinstate ... you never know when it could come in handy for something.

Stop by the forum to shoot the shit once in awhile.  You're always welcome.

Re: looks like my smog days might be over

Smogtech
good luck with your new career.

Re: looks like my smog days might be over

smogido
I got the letter from usps also, but missed the deadline to respond back and lost the opportunity to work there. Went to the interview (very easy one, do not worry you will pass), did drug test. The benefits kick in after 1 year. It is a part time job.

Good Luck and do not worry

Re: looks like my smog days might be over

Best Answer I Can Give
Part time No benefits.

Re: looks like my smog days might be over

alldsd1motor
Where do I apply? I'm done with the smog business. Too much BS

Re: looks like my smog days might be over

none
alldsd1motor wrote
Where do I apply? I'm done with the smog business. Too much BS
REALLY? Have you ever heard of "GOING POSTAL"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_postal_killings

Re: looks like my smog days might be over

good luck DTS on your interview today ! I would rather work for the city trash pick up , than this dead-end , hoop-jumping, experiment that the bar is "giving us the privilege to do ",without any benefits, or consideration of safety for any of us .

Re: looks like my smog days might be over

DeadTheSTAR
Karupt wrote

got denied further processing....one of the requirements was to show 2 years of continuous driving experience....my ID had a 1 month gap in between those years, (DL expired, no letter warning saying it was going to, one day i went to buy beer got denied then i realized it was expired but by then it was already a month expired, went to DMV to renew) anywhose, i was top 5 who scored best on their test but i guess i have to wait another year and a half before i can apply again for a Mail Carrier. They are hiring around 200, they need help for the holidays and elections that are coming up. You get a bunch of OT but they try to scare you by saying this is a demanding job, you work A LOT, your social life sucks and you better work fast. its not an easy job, although it looks easy. Just an FYI if anyone wants to change jobs.