mental problem lady in San Francisco

bizarsmog
 Vin:9bwgk61jx24005047 lic plate#6gxu183  2002 VW golf <Her car's fail because of broken air pump mount and than she run away , without paid
  be careful today, Guys

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

defective
Broken air pump mount?  Was the pump still functional?  If just the mount was broken, I probably would have passed it.

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

deathbysmog
I get a lot of them with broken mounts, everything still hooked up, pass all day.

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

bizarsmog
Thanks defective,But if the mounts broken next step Air hose will be broken because increase vibration,gravity and quality of hoses and maybe create a damage on air pump body!!!! Correct?

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

I am a bit more lenient than many of the techs I know.  I would have probably passed it too, but I don't get off on telling other techs how to do their jobs.

I just passed an '85 Vanagon that had failed a couple of times up the street.  There was a rubber elbow that had been replaced with a rubber tee with a bolt stuffed in the unused opening:  tamper-fail for some, pass for me.  I looked and could not come up with a decent pinch point, so I 'N/A'd the EVAP test.  And I backed the timing off to 5°ATDC and passed it, unlike the tech up the street who passed it at 5°BTDC.  I didn't yell at her for parking in front of the door like she told me the tech up the street did, because I know that it wasn't her fault that my boss has hogged up all the customer parking spots with his used cars for sale.

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

bizarsmog wrote
Thanks defective,But if the mounts broken next step Air hose will be broken because increase vibration,gravity and quality of hoses and maybe create a damage on air pump body!!!! Correct?
I would fail it when the hose breaks but not before. I don't fail Camrys for bad motor mounts either but it will cause a broken air intake boot over time.

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

Kriss Vector

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

Kriss Vector

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

Smogtech
I only failed when it no longer connected, hole, leaking etc. still does it job still pass (my inspection)

but it's your inspection,

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

bizarsmog
 Yes I did write on comment section,Hopefully Some BAR employee read it.

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

95% of Technicians agree that Vanagon is NA on timing due to the VECI label.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

Smogtech
no evap no timing for me

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

Best Answer I Can Give
 Out of all Roadside said it best. It's not what you pass or fail, IT'S WHAT THE NEXT GUY PASSES OR FAILS.

 Broken bracket Pass. Two years hoses are now bad Fail. DING ON LAST GUY.

 ME WHO THE FUCK KNOWS All I know is we all better have crystal balls to know if it will pass on the next cycle.

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

BAR Help Desk
bizarsmog wrote
Hopefully Some BAR employee read it.

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

Calibration Required
I was going to say that it would be in your best interest for the BAR not to ever see your VIR.
I see now that its too late ...

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

If it had a zip-tie around it, would that be tampered?

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

locopoco
So now we're in the business of predicting possible future break downs?
Most VW of that era that I tested had their pump hanging or zip tied to the mount, but all else looked good.

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

bizarsmog wrote
Her car's fail because of broken air pump mount
It would be interesting to see if anyone else on the Forum would have failed the pump for a broken bracket.

than she run away , without paid
That lady should have paid you though.   There is a process if she wanted to dispute your inspection.

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

Best Answer I Can Give
 Let the crazies GO. Hell they will never be back.
I like it when the PITA people owe me money. I will never see them again

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

Kevin
here if the system is working as designed, then i don't care if the mount is broken, there is no literature to support failing for a broke mount or bracket