mental problem lady in San Francisco

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

Just the Facts

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

Just the Facts

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

mikesmobile
Again, look on the OIS menu: Air Injection System..Air Pump isnt what you're checking.
You're checking the Air Injection System and the brackets are part of the Air Injection System.
Broken brackets are not normal wear and tear....
With the pump flopping around like that, it fails. Pump needs to be secured. Common sense.
Mike

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

Best Answer I Can Give
 It does not apply because, Who is going to fuck me next?

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

cosmokramertheassman
What if someone uses zip ties to attach the pump to the chassis? Would that be a fail for tampered because the brackets weren't used? The fact that were even having a back and forth about this boggles the mind.
iha

I recently failed a VW Passat with broken air injection pump brackets. My FPR is borderline and i am clueless why...

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

FiendFX
Do you guys fail VWs for broken clips, the hose that goes from the air pump to the air cleaner? Right at the air cleaner, the clip doesn't clip on. You guys fail it?

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

FiendFX wrote
Do you guys fail VWs for broken clips, the hose that goes from the air pump to the air cleaner? Right at the air cleaner, the clip doesn't clip on. You guys fail it?
If it's disconnected, I will try to reconnect it.  If it won't reconnect reliably (personal opinion), I look to see if it is on the same side of the air filter as the PCV vent, and if it is, I defective-Fail it.  I don't look for a broken clip if it's already connected when I open the hood.

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

Karupt
I have ziptied vw airpumps , like D said the carmanufacturer bracket to mount is obviously a common defect , it is not going to pollute if the airpump works it is a pass for me .as for what happens in two years I don't know BAR do you know ? we need to borrow the BARs crystal ball or maybe one of the star engineers can do his magical calculations and let us know what the ratio is .

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

How is that considered tampered?
I saw a definition a few posts up: missing modified defective LOL
The only thing about wearing a mask that bothers me is that the girls are a lot friendlier.

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

Best Answer I Can Give
 As I see it the whole problem is in the"Wording". IT FUCKING FAILED Period end of discussion.

 All the horse shit on the BAR 97. Missing, disconnected, modified, tampered. WTF was and is the difference, IT FAILED.
When all was said and done, the BAR still wanted you to write down what was wrong on the bottom of the VIR.
It should be Pass, Fail, or None Applicable.
OIS you have a space to right that down. I hope the replacement to the BAR 97 has the same.

 We should be doing P  F  N.

 I would hate taking the State test. This wire is burned, this hose is this, this part is this. I always wanted to YELL FUCK IT IT IS GOING TO FAIL. BASTARD BEAN COUNTERS

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

none
Tamper means it was intentionally done and defective means it was unintentionally done.

As others have pointed out, If it was tampered they won't qualify for state assistance.

I have no problem with the wording. I have a problem with people failing air injection for broken rubber grommets.

 Failing for broken mounts HORSE SHIT. Being blamed two years later because it has torn up hoses BIGGER BULL SHIT.

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

Failing for broken mounts HORSE SHIT. Being blamed two years later because it has torn up hoses BIGGER BULL SHIT.
I just got a Mercedes 560SL in that they moved up from Ventura. It had a broken exhaust hanger, so I went ahead and failed it. I figure it might break the catalytic converter or something and after reading this post I thought I should cover my butt.

NOT REALLY BUT IT SOUNDS GOOD.

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

Best Answer I Can Give
 Hey thanks for the DING. Under BAR thinking you did it right.

Re: mental problem lady in San Francisco

NOne , that was funny , should we all start failing miniscule cracks in evap or pcv hoses  cause well in two years they might have grown and i don't want a ding for that .
123