mercedez ?

smog king101
Been seeing Newer Mercedz with Welds On Cats as Thou repairing Exhaust Leak. Doesnt Look Like Cats Been Replaced . Give Me Your Input. Pass Or Fail.

Re: mercedez ?

kfworry
Remember one important thing, factory cats will have nice welds and NO "CARB EO" numbers.
Sure, the exhaust could have been damaged and someone made their best effort
to do a weld repair, no harm no fowl, no fail in my book.

Re: mercedez ?

you can do anything you want after the cat, not even a smog issue unless you add an additional cat after the last cat. Welding on a exhuast system is a normal repair that is made all the time. If it was bubble gum or glue then you have something worry about.

Re: mercedez ?

Citation Addict
I believe Mercedez had some kind of emissions recall on thier cats at one time.