my ois is acting up today

nanz1414
is taking along time to scan obd.

Re: my ois is acting up today

hello
around 10am, had the same issue. Restarted computer and all is good.

Re: my ois is acting up today

There was an update.

Re: my ois is acting up today

Voltron
Mines taking forever today after the update

Re: my ois is acting up today

kfworry
I did the update yesterday. The OIS was SLOW this morning, I shut down and restarted my computer today which worked for me. Just a suggestion.

Re: my ois is acting up today

Modified
not "identifying computer" for the last 5 mintues and I even restart it and still not working.

Re: my ois is acting up today

Voltron
MOdified i did the same and after 5 smogs it stopped the long id computer crap

Re: my ois is acting up today

Voltron
And of course once i said all good its doing it again

Re: my ois is acting up today

corsakev
been having same problems here took forever restarted pc worked fast now back to slow

Re: my ois is acting up today

Skanga
OK, editing this post because this is what works for me:

When stuck on the "Identifying" screen:

1: Close the software.
2. Right-click the Windows taskbar and open Task Manager.
3. Look for "California BAR-OIS Client" in the Processes tab.
4. Right-click it and choose "End Task".
5. Re-open the software.

Rebooting your PC will just waste you more time. It keeps getting stuck after a few smogs, anyway.

Re: my ois is acting up today

cosmokramertheassman
OIS has been slow all day for me. I just wait it out and do my visual while the icon spins. No biggie.

Re: my ois is acting up today

ok OIS is down..

Re: my ois is acting up today

Re: my ois is acting up today

none
I have had issues yesterday and today but only with my DREW unit. Are any of you having problems with an APPLUS? I will call DREW if it only theirs.

I tried SKANGA'S fix but I still have to restart to get it to work.

Re: my ois is acting up today

FiendFX
I had to restart my laptop multiple times yesterday..

Re: my ois is acting up today

My Name is Nobody
Problem only on the Drew unit, others work fine.

Re: my ois is acting up today

If you guys run a diagnostic test, you can see the speed of your internet is much faster than the BAR-OIS server. BAR-OIS Server is at 1 M and takes 8 seconds to communicate, whereas your internet takes only 1 second to communicate. This is definitely a BAR-OIS server issue. And it's very intermittent.