new law

Ee

new law

Ee
I had a couple shops call me asking me if I heard the new law stating that if you are a STAR test and repair you must have a star certified test and repair tech present at all times.?

Re: new law

SMOG 1
I would like this to be a new law.

Re: new law

That already is the law, you have to have someone with a license during the hours of operation or you don't operate.

1.6.1 Licensed Inspector and/or Technician Required
An appropriately licensed inspector and/or technician shall be present during all hours the
station is open for the business of inspecting and/or repairing vehicles pursuant to the Smog
Check program, as applicable.
CCR § 3340.15 (b

And this, clean the shop you dirty bastards!

The work area shall be kept clean and orderly.
CCR § 3340.15

Also, repair tech with FPR and other bullshit does not matter if they are just repairing. If they are too retarded to inspect at STAR they are still allowed to fix shit.

Welcome to Retardistan!
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: new law

none
D wrote
Also, repair tech with FPR and other bullshit does not matter if they are just repairing. If they are too retarded to inspect at STAR they are still allowed to fix shit.
Are you sure they can do emission repairs? I thought that was one of the things they were talking about changing but haven't yet. They were going to change it that a non-star tech could be in the machine as a repair tech but not inspector.

Re: new law

I digging through the books now, buy it does not say a STAR test and repair must have a STAR repair tech.

Ok, I am 100% sure that any licensed repair tech can do repairs at a STAR Test and Repair. A non STAR repair shop can work on STAR fails. STAR has nothing to with repair apparently. Funny thing is there is no way to enter on the BAR97 or OIS that repair tech if they did repairs
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: new law

none
Are you talking about emission repairs? You cannot have a tech with a star score of less than .1 in your your machine and still be star certified. When someone does the repair they need to enter the repair information into the machine including the tech that did the repair but the name won't come up if it isn't in the machine.

Re: new law

D Rochells 150861
Yeah no at BAR thought this scenario through. Just like at a Test Only you can still tell the machine you did a repair.

See, as long as they don't do inspections then it does not affect the STAR score.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!

Re: new law

My Name is Nobody
D wrote
Also, repair tech with FPR and other bullshit does not matter if they are just repairing. If they are too retarded to inspect at STAR they are still allowed to fix shit.
Are you sure they can do emission repairs? I thought that was one of the things they were talking about changing but haven't yet. They were going to change it that a non-star tech could be in the machine as a repair tech but not inspector.
https://www.bar.ca.gov/pdf/Smog_Check_Repair_Only_Station_Checklist.pdf

Re: new law

none
For a repair only station STAR score does not matter but the first post was referring to a STAR test and repair.

Re: new law

My Name is Nobody
none wrote
For a repair only station STAR score does not matter but the first post was referring to a STAR test and repair.
I can't pick and choose what to read?

Re: new law

My Name is Nobody
Proposed regulations for STAR Test and Repair

See attached page 7

https://smogcheck.ca.gov/pdf/STAR_Program_Update.pdf

Re: new law

none
Your good! That was what I was talking about. (without any good reference)

Re: new law

909Wrench
Technically, I don't think there's such thing as a "STAR Repair Tech".  Stations are STAR certified and inspectors just get numbers.

Re: new law

smog man
@909Wrench, you are correct. We as tech's are not Star Certified, only shops are Star Certified. That's why we as tech's cannot appeal our scores, because there's no laws stating that we are Star Certified, and we can appeal it. How nice of BAR

Re: new law

My Name is Nobody
smog man wrote
@909Wrench, you are correct. We as tech's are not Star Certified, only shops are Star Certified. That's why we as tech's cannot appeal our scores, because there's no laws stating that we are Star Certified, and we can appeal it. How nice of BAR
This is not correct.  STAR program is inspection based and not repair based

Both shops and technicians can be STAR certified base on your smog check inspections.

Re: new law

D Rochells 150861
No only stations have STAR certification, techs just have performance levels that determine whether they can do STAR inspections or whether they can fuck a businesses STAR up.  If we actually got a STAR technician certificate they would charge us for it and we would have to pay SGS for a shitty piece of paper to put on the wall.
זאר
Join the Smog Union!
http://www.smogunion.org/

Click to Donate Now!