no family number match

no_buckets
wassup everyone, new to the forum

quick question   has anyone had to deal with a vehicle with an aftermarket cat.  but the family number doesnt match    and the family number on the car isnt on the catalyst database??

Re: no family number match

none
YES, OFTEN. If it isn't a federal certified car I fail them too.

Re: no family number match

no_buckets wrote
wassup everyone, new to the forum

quick question   has anyone had to deal with a vehicle with an aftermarket cat.  but the family number doesnt match    and the family number on the car isnt on the catalyst database??
iF ITS NOT ON THE DATA BASE, IT IS EITHER DEALER CAT ONLY OR FEDERAL. IF ITS CA CERTIFIED AND EFN DOES NOT MATCH, ITS A DEALER CAT ONLY AND WOULD BE FAIL. I USE GOOGLE TO CHECK THE EO #S AND CLICK ON THE PDF SINCE THE ARB WEBSITE HAS BEEN WRONG FEW TIMES.

Re: no family number match

STAR is Racist
Some of us have seen that after a fail the customer can go to the Ref and the Ref will make a BAR label that says the CAT which is not approved for the specific vehicle is actually ok. So it's well documented that the state goes way overboard EFN's matching CAT's.