passed a 2001 car on the bar 97

user7112
My employee did it
how fucked am i?

Re: passed a 2001 car on the bar 97

none
The first time is a write up/stern warning. The next time it will cost you is what they told me.

Re: passed a 2001 car on the bar 97

Able
sigh.....hopefully its a stern warning like None said

Re: passed a 2001 car on the bar 97

In my 13-years I have come across some 2000 & 2001 Ford Pick-up's and one
2000 Ford Expedition that are in fact "FEDERAL OBD1"

Re: passed a 2001 car on the bar 97

user7112
2001 honda accord
CA certified

Re: passed a 2001 car on the bar 97

444O444
about 5-6 months ago, a regular customer called in and told me that he has 1999 car but he lost his renewal form  can i still smog his car. he dropped of the car later on the same day. was little busy so didn't check the underhood label for the year of the car door label was saying 06/99 or something like that. run first test on bar 97 passed. when the VIR came out saw 2000 at the top. run another test on OIS.

so far nobody came in or send a letter or warning from BAR.

Re: passed a 2001 car on the bar 97

user7112 wrote
My employee did it
how fucked am i?
correct the problem, or did you let the customer leave? did you bypass the obd 2 portion of the test?
if you still have the vehicle retest on ois and call the bar your self, print out the readiness monitors keep both test with you. you might get a visit you might not, no biggie unless you leave it with out correcting it. and if your tech bypassed obd2 portion then you will be in trouble. ive called it in my self no one showed up gave them both cert numbers end of the issue

Re: passed a 2001 car on the bar 97

user7112
I reached out to the customer but the phone number goes to voicemail and the mail box is full (fuck my life lol)

problem is uncorrected
customer address is chicken scratch and a city that is 30 miles away

Re: passed a 2001 car on the bar 97

Evaponly818

Re: passed a 2001 car on the bar 97

user7112
He has worked here for a year his license starts with 137xxx so he has been at it for a while.
no idea man. i want to say he is getting older and slipped up. i talked to him and he said the customer had no paperwork and told him it was a 1999 i asked why didn't he look at the emissions control label and he didn't have an answer

just a slip up is my guess
he never messed up before

Re: passed a 2001 car on the bar 97

none
I did it once. Same issue, the customer said it was a 1999 and didn't have the paper work and I wrote it up like that and didn't double check.

It was my mistake and I will make more mistakes in life but I will own up to it. It is my fault and ONLY my fault.

Re: passed a 2001 car on the bar 97

user7112
you're a stud none.
did you face any repercussions for the test?

Re: passed a 2001 car on the bar 97

STAR is Racist
When I do a 99 with paperwork or not I always make sure that 10th digit on the VIN is an X I smog a lot of cars and I've never come close to smogging on the wrong machine.

Re: passed a 2001 car on the bar 97

user7112 wrote
My employee did it
how fucked am i?
I know an experienced guy who spaced out momentarily and did the exact same thing almost a year ago.  He was unable to get the customer back to do it properly, and he is still waiting for the bad news ... nothing but silence.

Re: passed a 2001 car on the bar 97

Juicebox
I've done it twice myself, 2000+ on the bar 97 by accident. One was same as some of you, customer said it was a '99 with no paperwork and I was busy and let it slip, and the other was probably just a brain fart. Its been a few years. The PR came out and gave a hand slap, but i was informed that they'll most likely only give you a citation if it happens twice in a six month period.

Re: passed a 2001 car on the bar 97

I don't know about your particular situation but I know when mine I did three incorrect vehicles on the wrong equipment in a year's time. So I got a visit from the bureau basically electioneering stating if I do it again that I was going to get a citation and possibly have to take the corrections class

On Thu, Nov 14, 2019, 9:46 AM user7112 [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
My employee did it
how fucked am i?

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/passed-a-2001-car-on-the-bar-97-tp5077399.html

he never messed up before
This has happen to me once, but caught my self since I always copy the what computer say after making the "phone call" on the bar 97. Honestly they need to make software preventing this like with OIS, but I keep hearing that we might start testing 05 and older on the bar 97. So maybe that's why they don't set it up that way...

Re: passed a 2001 car on the bar 97

Jay.kahlon
They actually updated it. If you log on gen3 with 2000 or newer a red warning screen pops up.

Re: passed a 2001 car on the bar 97

user7112 wrote
My employee did it
how fucked am i?
Ok, just did my online update and they spoke about this.

PROPOSED REGULATORY CHANGES TO STAR
New metric - incorrect smog platform usage

"So what happens if you use the incorrect smog platform for the year, make and model being tested?
In addition to POSSIBLY receiving a citation for using incorrect platform to test the vehicle, this will also go against your star metric for incorrect platform usage. If your incorrect platform usage exceeds 125% of the statewide average, then you will receive a deviation on your quarterly star report."

Re: passed a 2001 car on the bar 97

user7112
Awesome thats good to know
so my employee found the customer somehow and she is coming down to test the vehicle on the OIS,
she believes it was her fault for not knowing the proper vehicle information for her car.

employee said he is going to take back the original (BAR 97) invoice from her and go down to the BAR field office with the OIS and BAR97 VIR to clear it up
12