question about No emission labels

Able

I know that Emission components can be looked up using a scanner and emission books.

So how do we determine if it's federal or ca when there's missing emission labels?

Re: question about No emission labels

I go to the emission guide and look up the year and engine size.  If the book shows a difference in emission equipment between the CA and FED versions, I look at what's on the engine to determine what to enter into the inspection.  If there is no difference in equipment, I enter CA (or 50-state).

Re: question about No emission labels

KeepItReal
Able wrote
So how do we determine if it's federal or ca when there's missing emission labels?

On the registration look where it says "first year sold".

If it says 0000 than it was originally a out of state vehicle.

I know there are out of state vehicles that are CA certified, but the majority will be a federal.