question about getting an inspector license after it lapsed more than a year

question about getting an inspector license after it lapsed more than a year

dmlusmc
Hi guys I'm a former smog tech with an expired inspector license and would like to know what classes I need to take to get my license back I also hold just the ASE A8 the real one not alternative.
please let me know

thanks

Re: question about getting an inspector license after it lapsed more than a year

scanner
dmlusmc wrote
Hi guys I'm a former smog tech with an expired inspector license and would like to know what classes I need to take to get my license back I also hold just the ASE A8 the real one not alternative.
please let me know

thanks
Upon expiration of a Smog Check Inspector (EO) and/or Smog Check Repair Technician (EI) license, licensees must immediately cease inspecting, testing, or repairing vehicles, as applicable. Smog Check Inspectors (EO) and Smog Check Repair Technicians (EI) who do not submit their renewals within one year of the expiration date will be required to submit a new application and fees, take required courses, and retake the examination.

Here's the application.

https://www.bar.ca.gov/pdf/Smogcheck_Tech_Lic_App-FRM.pdf

Scroll down to  Smog Check Inspector and/or Smog Check Repair Technician

https://www.bar.ca.gov/Industry/Getting_Licensed.aspx

thanks
Havent seen you in a while.

Re: question about getting an inspector license after it lapsed more than a year

The inspector license is renewable online if its not been expired to long otherwise requires an update class