question

FiendFX
Am I allowed to use an extension USB cable to extend the DAD? If so, how long is legit?

Re: question

Voltron
Yes. i got a 10 footer on mine

Re: question

Just the Facts

Re: question

Re: question

hello
you can extend the usb cable's reach with a wireless unit

Re: question

I would call the DAD vendor for that question.

Re: question

justa
Banned User

Re: question

Just the Facts

Re: question

My wired Applus has the original cord, and the unit is zip-tied to the bottom of the stand.  OIS cars get backed into the shop too close to the OIS by the boss, then backed in again by me to where the driver's door can open all the way, but almost touching the OIS when fully-open.  I have done over 1000 inspections that way, and never had a problem with the stock cord being too short.

Re: question

Re: question

My APPLUS has a 16' cable that is just fine but with the DREW 9' OBDII cable I have to move the machine closer some times. The blue tooth on that thing is crapped out again too.

Re: question

FiendFX
none,

exactly.. with the usb.. the performs much faster. bluetooth is giving me a headache.

Re: question

Centralized Smog
My Drew bluetooth is working great. I have a usb set up near the entrance in case the bt doesn't work and so far I haven't had to use it.

You can not extend the DAD cable. Can you extend/relocate the usb port of the computer using an extension?

Re: question