received citation

jr2070
This morning I received a citation for accidentally using the bar 97 on a 2000 . What can I do?

Re: received citation

FiendFX
Did the BAR rep come to your shop ? Why did you ask him up front?

Re: received citation

timmy
jr2070 wrote
This morning I received a citation for accidentally using the bar 97 on a 2000 . What can I do?
You have 2 choices, 1) pay the fine or 2) Appeal it.

Re: received citation

jr2070
I received it in the mail.  Their is no fine  just citation with abatement

Re: received citation

Karupt
what was the date that you did the 2000 on the 97 ? hope all goes well . I guess you should appeal .

Re: received citation

No fine then it will just be on your record.

Re: received citation

timmy
jr2070 wrote
I received it in the mail.  Their is no fine  just citation with abatement
It is a notification that you got a citation. You need to go to their field office on the date they gave you for a citation conference and they will tell you how much the fine will be. Then you can either accept it or appeal it in 30 days.

Re: received citation

jr2070
Theirs no date for a conference or fine amount just separate sheets of paper one to appeal and a diferentes one

Re: received citation

justa
Banned User

Re: received citation

jr2070
What would be the outcome if I appeal. It was an honest mistake.

Re: received citation

scanner
jr2070 wrote
What would be the outcome if I appeal. It was an honest mistake.
I don't think anyone can predict the outcome if you appeal.   Just do it, appeal.

I've always said, and some BAR officials and PRs agree with me, anyone can make a mitsake.  I don't talk to enforcement, so I have no idea what they're thinking, and they're the ones you have to deal with.

In the mean time, stop fretting over it, take what you've learned from the experience, and do what you do to the best of your ability.

Re: received citation

DeadTheSTAR
appeal.

thats what i did.

Re: received citation

justa
Banned User

Re: received citation

jr2070
If appealed nothing stays on the license record till the appeal process is over?

Re: received citation

justa
Banned User

Re: received citation

jr2070
How long will a citation stay on the record? Or is it permanent?

Re: received citation

Re: received citation

DeadTheSTAR
jr2070 wrote
How long will a citation stay on the record? Or is it permanent?

it will stay in your license for 3 years....what the BAR rep told me

my understanding was that it was for 1 year but i guess they changed that too

Re: received citation

kfworry
When a citation is upheld and becomes final, it makes the station or technician
ineligible for STAR for ONE YEAR.
Probationary stations or technicians is for THREE YEARS, not eligible for STAR.

Re: received citation

kfworry
Citations do not "go away" entirely after one year.
A 4th citation can lead to revocation or 3-years of probation.
12