referee

kfworry
A regular customer came to me after her 77 Camaro failed visual inspection at the referee. The referee had removed the TAC and did not reinstall it correctly. She started to video the event, he was not amused. Anyway I made the TAC right. She had the visual items corrected and Re inspected and passed at a STAR Station .

Re: referee

STAR is Racist
I heard they cut the refs allowed inspection time from 40 minutes to 20 minutes. Sometimes I'm sure they need that 40 minutes.

Re: referee

Johnnybeme
How can they put a time limit on an investigation? Some of those vacuum diagrams could take hours to trace. I think that maybe you mean a regular smog test to verify condition.

Re: referee

kfworry
My customer went to the Referee first, NOT because she disputed another stations test.
The Referee is being real picky on older cars to appease the BAR agenda
and keep the failure rate where the BAR wants it.
My point is the referee failed to re-install the TAC correctly.
The rigid pre-heat tube was not seated in the air cleaner snorkel.

Re: referee

cosmokramertheassman
I think it's pretty dumb that we even have to test these types of old vehicles. Their allowable emissions levels are horribly high. Even when they pass they're still usually polluting a high amount and I don't want to be breathing that stuff in. Those old beasts get the boot from me.

Re: referee

Auto Student: I don't believe for a minute the state would reduce the amount of time a Referee
can spend on a test. NO WAY!!
Someone is feeding you a bunch of BS regarding a time limit!!
I would believe it if they said extend the time from 20 to 40 minutes minimum,
not 40 to 20 minutes.

Re: referee

Just the Facts

Re: referee

Re: referee

STAR is Racist
Since I did work as an intern with the referee for 3 months I do know that when appointments were made with the 800 number they were set 40 minutes apart. First thing in the morning I would do was go over the appointments which were always 40 minutes apart. Shortly after I stopped working there a student told me the ref was upset that the state was changing his test time or appointment intervals to 20 minutes. Maybe it was BS I never followed up but yes they do have time limits.

Re: referee

kfworry
Autostudent: It pisses me off the BAR would reduce your time to do a "thorough inspection". I heard there was a significant increase in referee visits since the STAR Program commenced. A lot of people disputing failed test. I'm not a bit surprised.
That might explain the reduced time for appointments.
It's a sad excuse if they are accommodating the public, yet the referees might be rushing inspections to deal with the number of appointments.

Re: referee

justa
Banned User

Re: referee

Well if it end up being centralized (smog) they're going to need techs seeing as those old guys will retire and won't be able to put in work with all the volume they will have.