short term measure

444O444
on my short term measures it shows that i didn't perform obd2 on one of the car i tested.
i am 100% sure that i did.
anyone knows whom should i address to get that fixed?

also the aborted test for the same period doesn't come up.
thanks in advance

I wouldn't worry about it if it's not enough to make you fail the "short term measures".

Re: short term measure

444O444
i don't worry that it is going to affect my score, just doesn't look nice.
something that i know 100%  i didn't  do but  it shows that i did.

Re: short term measure

No One
444O444 wrote
i don't worry that it is going to affect my score, just doesn't look nice.
something that i know 100%  i didn't  do but  it shows that i did.
I sometimes charge $1000 to pass obd bar 97 cars by bypassing the obd portion of the test. Never get dinged

Re: short term measure

444O444
This post was updated on .
you see, at least you are getting paid for it, i got nothing, that hurts the most

Re: short term measure

No One
444O444 wrote
you see, at least you are getting paid for it, i got nothing, that hurts the most
I remember a long time ago someone here posted some shop or tech that I guess didn't give a fuck about star and was just bypassing the obd functional test. Shit was tits

Re: short term measure

Best Answer I Can Give
 Only 4 things about STAR were worth a DAMN. Evap, Timing, Gas Cap, and OBD.

 BAR had and has PROOF that those 4 should and could be done on vehicles you didn't do, then YES they have grounds that they can LEGALLY pull your STAR.
All the others they have no hard set numbers. A vehicle can fail FPR because the owner got drunk the night before and let the BATTERY go dead. Something you have no control over.
Those 4 YOU HAVE CONTROL OVER. You did not do the OBD and BAR has data that shows 90% of those tested could be tested,? You will lose.

Re: short term measure

Re: short term measure

You may have connected the cable,  but if the data did not transmitt, even if you connect it correctly, in there eyes your still guilty

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020, 4:14 PM 444O444 [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
on my short term measures it shows that i didn't perform obd2 on one of the car i tested.
i am 100% sure that i did.
anyone knows whom should i address to get that fixed?

thanks in advance

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/short-term-measure-tp5081755.html

Re: short term measure

Do you have an ESP BAR97? Go to "vehicle recall" and scroll through until you find the vehicle in question. Click on it and then click on "view results". There you will have your proof that you did actually do the ODBII test or they will have the proof that you did not.

Re: short term measure

444O444
That is exactly what i did, and it was not to long ago so i do remember that i did the OBD2 inspection as well.

Re: short term measure

none
444O444 wrote
That is exactly what i did, and it was not to long ago so i do remember that i did the OBD2 inspection as well.
So it shows OBDII passed no matter what though I just found out. I just looked up a 1996 Subaru that my tech got dinged on and it shows that the OBD passed BUT the 96 Subarus are not OBDII per the underhood label and BAR's OBD reference guide so it couldn't have really passed that anyway.

Re: short term measure

444O444
it was 1998 toyota land cruiser, I  know for sure that i performed OBD2 inspection because, first communication was unsuccessful, I checked the connections did it again. the screen said OBD2 communication was successful so i proceed to visual inspection and finished the test.
I remember it for sure because the Land cruiser was so clean and had only  51k miles. I even offered the owner to buy it.

Re: short term measure

Best Answer I Can Give
 You are fighting a battle you will NEVER win.
One of my guys had a CJ with the aftermarket no timing kits on it. Thus no timing. Thus DING. He phoned the BAR to argue it. The answer he got back was, "Well you didn't lose your STAR over it so BFD"

 A PR I had one time, he had BLACK and WHITE proof from the BAR own numbers that what I was saying was right and they were wrong. His boss told him the same thing. We are right and he is WRONG.

 BAR can and NEVER will be WRONG! Ask D.

Re: short term measure

 BAR can and NEVER will be WRONG! Ask D.

I Remember back then i was taking my classes with Davis(god bless that man) he said(paraphrase) that even when you won cases against bars over a citation fee you paid, they don't refund the money or even pay the lawyer fees.