smog checkpoint

DeadTheSTAR
LA area. On State Ave. and Slauson Blvd by the Home Depot in the city of Huntington Park. FYI

Re: smog checkpoint

alldsd1motor
Whats the point of those road side check points?

Re: smog checkpoint

They have been implemented to pull over a representative sample of hoopties, to verify that the citizens of the State of California are not being deprived of the protections afforded to them by the CA smog check program.  I have heard that there are four teams being deployed at present.  Three in SoCal and one in NorCal.

Re: smog checkpoint

Troll
Lets send them a 92 previa, 86 tempo, and an obd1 american with 24',metallic paint, and gold toothed owners packin

Re: smog checkpoint

All of those you mentioned are subject to roadside inspection.  The inspection is not as comprehensive as the official smog inspection, though.  Functional testing is not a typical part of it, at least as I have heard it described.

Re: smog checkpoint

Best Answer I Can Give
 Seen several "Test Results" from those stops. Tail pipe only.

Re: smog checkpoint

And they never seem to have pulled over a MINI and then thought to tell MOTOR that there is no AIR. But I think they did finally realize the 2007 should not go on the dyno as it went TSI

Re: smog checkpoint

alldsd1motor
I heard when you go through those checkpoints you can decline to have your vehicle tested.

Re: smog checkpoint

none
In a newspaper article I read in the Sacramento Bee it said you can NOT decline and it is Highway Patrol who directs you onto it.

Re: smog checkpoint

kfworry
CHP is on site to identify older vehicles and for Traffic Control.
Motorist are Not Required to have the test and Are allowed to decline.

Re: smog checkpoint

 Who is going to argue with a Cop?
I think and talked to them one time. You can tell them NO. You have not broken the law, so they can not stop you. You just better have a good reason. Just got a phone call, kid at school just got sick, husband sick\mom dad. Just have a reason. You broke no laws.

Re: smog checkpoint

none
That interesting. So by your logic you are saying that I don't have to stop at a DUI check point either?

Re: smog checkpoint

Just the Facts

Re: smog checkpoint

That interesting. So by your logic you are saying that I don't have to stop at a DUI check point either?
You have to stop, but that's about it, if you have the proper attitude and balls of pure brass.