smog repair technician leaves

MIGI G
I have a friend who owns a smog shop.its a smog repair facility, I told him I'll do him a favor and ask his question for him. if his smog repair tech take his license out the machine.  how long does he have to find another repair tech? before bar notices he's not there anymore. he has an inspector tech but with no repair license, can he still perform smog inspections. and would bar suspension the station license. any information would help. and do u guys know where can we find this info on the bar website????

Re: smog repair technician leaves

none
It is my understanding that if he is TEST/REPAIR he CAN still do smog inspections since he employs a licensed inspector. He CANNOT do smog repairs on a vehicle that failed a smog inspection.

If he is STAR TEST/REPAIR he will lose his STAR certification since he needs to be able to do CAP repairs if he is STAR T/R.

Re: smog repair technician leaves

MIGI G
do you know if there's a time limit for not having a repair tech in the system?

Re: smog repair technician leaves

MIGI G
I looked on the bar website but I can't find any info about not having a technician in the machine for certain amount of time.

Re: smog repair technician leaves

manboobs
Per the smog check reference guide....

1.3.4 Stations Ceasing to Operate
A station shall cease performing the functions of a licensed station when its license has expired,
or has been surrendered, suspended or revoked. In these cases, the Smog Check sign must be
immediately removed or covered.
If a station no longer employs a Smog Check inspector and/or repair technician (as applicable),
the Smog Check sign must be immediately removed or covered. If the station does not employ
a Smog Check inspector and/or repair technician (as applicable) within 60 days, the station shall
surrender its license to BAR.
CCR § 3340.23

Re: smog repair technician leaves

Best Answer I Can Give
 Just say it OUT. How long can I cheat? How long and what will happen when I get found out?
 $600 will not pay the rent. But it will buy a weapon!

Re: smog repair technician leaves

Lili
Depends on his luck. Sometimes right away ( with a letter notice or phone call).. Sometimes more than a year before BAR does anything...From actual experience. Your mileage may vary.
Just zip it and wait is my advice.

Re: smog repair technician leaves

MIGI G
sweet thank you guys for the information, you guys do a better job then bar lol. I sent them an email with pretty much the same question here and all they can tell me call the licensing unit, every time I call the person with the answer is not there I'm like great, shouldn't you guys know this stuff since your the bar lol but if I don't know the smog procedures then I get introuble, great example bar

You have a problem with cheating?

Re: smog repair technician leaves

Best Answer I Can Give
 Pushing the limit? HELL NO. But FLAT out Cheating? Doing repairs without a license? Taking $$$ out of those who do it right. Willing to pay to do it right?

 No love for those who just want to BREAK the rules!!!!!!!!!!!!
 $600 will not pay the rent. But it will buy a weapon!

Re: smog repair technician leaves

STAR is Racist
Years ago I had warned my boss multiple times over the course of a few months that we are a repair station and we don't have a repair licensed tech. One day he calls BAR to have a lockout removed and I don't know exactly what was said but we were shut down and locked out from doing smogs until we reopened as a test only station. It took 3 weeks for BAR to come out and do the inspection to approve us as a test only. I had a simple solution that could've avoided being locked out. I told my boss he could pay my buddy with a repair license $500 just to be in the machine until he we get switched to a test only, but like so many other things if it doesn't come out of his pea size brain then it's a no. So no to a simple solution, yes to being shut down for 3 weeks. Another thing I warned him about is not having enough tips and hoses to calibrate with dual probe, I warned him that if BAR comes out they're gonna want it calibrated with dual probes. Apparently he didn't believe me and guess what happened, eventually BAR did come out for an audit and wanted just that. Things I've warned him about lately our ECS manual is 2 years out of date and the sign he put on the building over a year ago says we are STAR certified, we are not STAR certified. I just love having all the answers and just being ignored by some dude with his head up his ass, can't wait to see what the next audit brings us.

This is California where people like me and you are playing the game in god mode, yet you see all these unlicensed taco spots or whatever spots fill the streets in certain areas with no regulation, no licenses to operate, or any type of enforcement/inspections what so ever. And doing repairs without a license means customers aren't allowed to do their own repairs? Fuck the rules and fuck boot lickers too.

Re: smog repair technician leaves

Best Answer I Can Give
 The old, if your friend jump off a cliff are you going to?

 Everything you say is CORRECT. The system is so F ed up. What rules?
Me I am a firm believer in Karma.

 EVERY ONE of the T&R shop's that are worth a damn, I WILL NOT TAKE MONEY AWAY FROM THIER FAMILY!
It COST to much in TIME and Money to do the job right. I may bend a rule. But flat out do a repair at a TO shop NO WAY IN HELL

 I don't care what others do. I believe you will have to answer to a higher being some day.
 $600 will not pay the rent. But it will buy a weapon!

Re: smog repair technician leaves

No, there to stop doing smog related repairs till .they employ a licensed repair technician

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/smog-repair-technician-leaves-tp5083462.html