star certified question

joeblows
can a shop be star certified (and or stay star certified) if only no score techs are in the system. do you need a star score tech to be star cert?

Re: star certified question

smog man
Yes, as long as tech has a no score, or a 0.4 or higher. A no score tech, can not be added to a Star station, with a score below 0.4

Re: star certified question

joeblows
because there is a shop in my area that just opened and the two techs one which is the owner just got their licenses. fresh and clean no score and the shop is star certified. that's why I asked

Re: star certified question

Re: star certified question

joeblows
thanks makes sense now

Re: star certified question

smog man
Nothing makes sense with this Star program. BAR created it so they can keep their jobs. They could care less about the shops and techs. They just sit their and watch us fight for a smaller piece of the pie. It's a win win for BAR and the consumer.

Re: star certified question

Just the Facts

Re: star certified question

things are changing. no score will not be allowed soon to be star.
makes sense
joe

Re: star certified question

joe

Re: star certified question

Please don't be such a punk.

JTF (and anyone with more than 50 decent-quality posts here, IMO) deserves a bit more respect than that.

Re: star certified question

joeblows
my questions comes because that star certified station that just opened 3 months ago ( wasn't star then after 3 months became star) with no score smog inspectors wants me (who has a good fpr score) me to work for them. I just wanted to figure out if they just wanted me in the machine to stay star...? or in fact really needed help