superchargers

Modified
Does a factory i.e. Toyota aftermarket supercharger need EO #.  Thanks.

Re: superchargers

Voltron
Unless it came equipped from the factory with the supercharger ( like the 03 -04 cobra) Then yes it needs eo.

Re: superchargers

YES, If it doesn't say "SC" on the underhood label it needs an EO#. I am sure there is one for the TRD super charger though.

Re: superchargers

Yes, Toyota TRD supercharger does requires EO number.

Re: superchargers

Troll
be aware that for sure eo, and some of those are made for off road use only
same with some of the Nissan nismo stuff
this is the shit the useless pr1 douches love to ram up your cornholio

Re: superchargers

Smogtech
yes it does TRD required EO.  I have not see SC installed from factory from Toyota.

Re: superchargers

none
TOYOTA PREVIA SC.

Re: superchargers

timmy
Smogtech wrote
yes it does TRD required EO.  I have not see SC installed from factory from Toyota.
1st gen MR2's had factory superchargers.

Re: superchargers

Say WHOT?

Re: superchargers

none
FiendFX wrote
Say WHOT?
The MAD MAX supercharger. It is driven off the serpentine belt and has an A/C style clutch to engage it.

 "Initially, the S/C engine was only available as an option on the LE for the 1994 model year and all models for 1995. For the 1996 model year, the normally aspirated engine was discontinued..." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Previa

Re: superchargers

Re: superchargers

none
D wrote
Dime a dozen in Berkeley. Still never seen a Turbo Pickup though.
Really? I have a few 4X4 turbos that come in here (1986ish). My brother had a DIESEL Toyota pick up. It was a 1985ish 2wd extra cab (non-turbo).

Re: superchargers

Smogtech
I remember now, mr2 and previa, previa with sc charger oil rev in the front.

I done a few older runner with topless/removable  with turbo city name on the vc.  I almost brought 1 last year for 1k 86 4runner 4x4 turbo.  customer failed smog and pissed off and wanted 1k for it.

Re: superchargers

I always get a bar pr1 visit with the alltrac camry, corolla, and previas.
and u wonder why I have NO repect for those turds

Re: superchargers

none
Have you ever done a clutch on an Alltrac Camry? It is right there with a timing belt on a MR2 turbo. The worst two jobs on Toyotas.

Re: superchargers

My wife wrecked her '03 Galant last Summer, and I got her a beat up '89 MR2 as punishment.  I actually like that little turd ... it's a blast to drive, even without the supercharger.  You just have to realize that the little 4A-GE has basically no torque to offer below 3000 rpm.  And if you hit anything, you're probably dead.

Re: superchargers

Yup. years ago.
billed camry it out as 10 hour job with flywheel machining, resr man seal, and all axle seals of course.
i remember customer stated they got quoted 4 hours and we held to our price. replacedwith facgtory dealer item parts only.
and yes it was a bitch. parts and brackets all over.Put that on mysomg resume"

Re: superchargers

cosmokramertheassman
Barry, my dad had one of those MR2s a few years ago. They're fun little things and they're not that hard to work on. I regret never taking it to drive the winding roads leading to Big Bear.