timing connecter 1991 sonata 2.4

Al

timing connecter 1991 sonata 2.4

Al
I cannot find it. Anybody know? thanks, AL

Re: timing connecter 1991 sonata 2.4

scanner
I have no personal recollection of checking timing on that platform.  Here's where Alldata says where the connector is located.   It appears it's by the Air Filter and Battery.   The wire looks like it's a Light Green/w Red tracer wire, and it just needs to be grounded.

Al

Re: timing connecter 1991 sonata 2.4

Al
That’s what I found also. But the only single wire connector I found arched hard and killed the motor. Appreciate the effort. Thanks,Al

Re: timing connecter 1991 sonata 2.4

StarTech
The wire you  grounded looks similar, it's the Fuel pump drive connector. If the car doesnt turn on anymore make sure you check the fuel pump \related fuses :p

Al

Re: timing connecter 1991 sonata 2.4

Al
It started back up. Light green with red was a 2 wire connector. Other wire was black.
Thanks for your help,Al

Re: timing connecter 1991 sonata 2.4

I have an old incandescent test light handy for sketchy situations like that, because it's much less likely to cause damage than a ground jumper.  No harm no foul in this case ... maybe you hit the tach lead or something.  All the Mitsubeatme-based timing connectors I can remember were a single wire connector with a male terminal.

Re: timing connecter 1991 sonata 2.4

none
I jumpered the wrong wire on a Mitsubishi truck about a year ago. It killed it and wouldn't restart. Fortunately it was dropped off for the day so I could fix it quickly. It blew a fusible link behind the passenger's kick panel.

I blame it on my colorblindness that I jumped the wrong one. I think one is green and one is gray.

Re: timing connecter 1991 sonata 2.4

It's a dusty old memory but I do believe that it is adjustable and everybody else is correct there's a wire that needs to be grounded.

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/timing-connecter-1991-sonata-2-4-tp5074310.html