under cover operations in northern california, sacramento area

under cover operations in northern california, sacramento area

jackhandy
This post was updated on .
This is probably common knowledge, so forgive me if this has been covered in a previous thread, but BAR's main workshop where they store and craft cars for sting runs in greater Northern California is a large white building with nothing but a huge address printed on it near Rancho Cordova, in Sacramento County. The address is [address deleted]. The yard is fenced off, but you can see some of their transport trailers and various "undercover cars" through the fences. On the wide-open employee parking lot side, as you pass by the un-watched personal vehicles of the BAR technicians responsible for "booby-trapping" you, you can actually see the smog bay where they do their own smog tests- totally publicly visible and publicly accessible. You can actually walk right into the smog bay as a matter of fact, after all it's your money that pays the rent, and that employee paycheck. Have a look at what your fee's (and taxes) have bought!

Yes, much like a modern BMW dealership, you can actually go there and watch the nameless, faceless hamsters at work, I don't think they really mind. Heck, you could probably take pictures of them and the cars they are road testing in and out of the place form time-to-time. (if you have them later sign the pics, could be worth some money to a fanatical collector some day?)

The reason I bring this up is that if you want a job there, that's the best place to go to drop off the application in person. In my opinion, the internet application process doesn't really tell the whole story about what kind of awesome employee you'd be. The vacation and health benefits that come with working for the great state of California are nice, and being a government job, they probably don't actually expect you to work much, nor will they hold you accountable if you can't actually fix or diagnose anything! Sweet!

You can probably catch them for a conversation at the start of their lunch breaks around 11:45-12:00 as they head out for some local grub. You can connect with these folks on a personal level, it could be a good "in" for your upcoming interview.

Best wishes in your career endeavors, whatever they may be!
Continually providing the highest quality telephone smog certs since the turn of the century!

Re: under cover operations in northern california, sacramento area

That's less than 20 miles from my house, but cross-town traffic would likely be a bitch.  The bennies would probably make it well worth the trouble though.  I applied a few Winters ago, but got absolutely no response, and neglected to follow up on it.  I think I'll try again, but if I get a job there before I get struck down by a stray meteorite, I'll have to tell none "Ha!!" and nominate tampered as my administrative replacement here.

Re: under cover operations in northern california, sacramento area

smogido
I wonder where they keep their UC vehicles in Orange County area? If someone knows maybe they can share it with us.. Thanks

Re: under cover operations in northern california, sacramento area

Wow, thank you for that most interesting and very transparent article there mr handy . I am surpriesed that they have everything out there in the open , i was thinking it would be more like area 51.
   I had a freind smog tech who applied for a pr-1 and never got an answer either . Then one day i looked him up on the website and there was no trace of him . Wonder if he got hired , or if he retired he was in his 50s and that was in 05.

Re: under cover operations in northern california, sacramento area

barrym95838 wrote
I think I'll try again, but if I get a job there before I get struck down by a stray meteorite, I'll have to tell none "Ha!!" and nominate tampered as my administrative replacement here.

barrym95838
EO/EI144107
I got a good laugh today from that one. If you get the job I'll drive down to buy you a beer. That would be a bet I lost for sure.

what's his name?
Continually providing the highest quality telephone smog certs since the turn of the century!

Re: under cover operations in northern california, sacramento area

ThePharmacist-2

Re: under cover operations in northern california, sacramento area

jack handy his name is Avi Nashon

Re: under cover operations in northern california, sacramento area

jackhandy
Never heard of him, can't say one way or the other...

On Wednesday, 4 May 2016, 9:37, Karupt [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:

jack handy his name is Avi Nashon

To unsubscribe from under cover operations in northern california, sacramento area, click here.
NAML

Continually providing the highest quality telephone smog certs since the turn of the century!

Re: under cover operations in northern california, sacramento area

barrym95838 wrote
I'll have to tell none "Ha!!" and nominate tampered as my administrative replacement here.
Hey! Thanks!  I just noticed this, I'm flattered!

I will rule fairly and justly focusing on punishment and the assumption of guilt.  All blood spills will be promptly cleaned up by whomever I choose.  It's good to be the king! Now get back to work!
The only thing about wearing a mask that bothers me is that the girls are a lot friendlier.

Re: under cover operations in northern california, sacramento area

smog man
A friend of mine, told me about two recent UC cars. 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser, K&N filter, JET chip plugged into PCM. K&N filter is legal, Jet chip is illegal. 2001 Chev. Monte Carlo, missing Cat.

Re: under cover operations in northern california, sacramento area

FiendFX
I also failed a PT Cruiser for a JET performance chip, but it wasn't UC.

Did the 01 Monte Carlo had a rear o2 simulator?

Re: under cover operations in northern california, sacramento area

smog man
He only had a picture of the PT Cruiser, not the Monte Carlo. So I don't know, if it had a simulator.

Re: under cover operations in northern california, sacramento area

bizarsmog
THANKS for information, but where is the spesific location of chip

Re: under cover operations in northern california, sacramento area

Re: under cover operations in northern california, sacramento area

bizarsmog wrote
THANKS for information, but where is the spesific location of chip
Look at the upper right corner at the ECU. There are four electrical connectors and the third from the left has the JET module between the connector and the ECU.

Re: under cover operations in northern california, sacramento area

bizarsmog wrote
THANKS for information, but where is the spesific location of chip

Edit:  Ahhhh, none, beat me to it!

Re: under cover operations in northern california, sacramento area

defective

LOL

Re: under cover operations in northern california, sacramento area

Best Answer I Can Give
 It's just to bad we don't have the Horsepower.

 You can not cheat OIS. It is the best system. Dude your Under Cover operation proves your WRONG

 You put chips in cars, you pull CAT's, EGR not on the Vehicle. Hell if you can do it, what makes you so sure the public can't.

 In front of some law makers committee? In the Forum of public opinion? BAR by your own hands you prove you can cheat a program that you made.

 There should be no Under Cover runs because OIS will not let the car pass.