undercover car

calismog
2001 Honda Prelude, all monitors complete , missing catalyst.
Brought in by young Asian lady
Plate 6SZC469

Re: undercover car

Peter
For Sure A Undercover.

Re: undercover car

When you say missing catalyst are you saying completely removed????

Re: undercover car

calismog
Straight pipe

Re: undercover car

Best Answer I Can Give
No Cal, or So Cal?

Re: undercover car

calismog
socal

Re: undercover car

BasicTech678
was the straight pipe orange? did the o2 sensor have a space on it. just currious if they do all of em in a similar way

Re: undercover car

calismog
Both sensors were in the right place , the pipe wasnt painted

Re: undercover car

Evil Morty
what city?
This seems like a good time for a drink, and a cold, calculated speech with sinister overtones.

Re: undercover car

calismog
GG

Re: undercover car

Troll
They also "age" the pipe to make it look like its been on for a while.

Re: undercover car

StarTech
did it have a spacer on the second o2 sensor?

Re: undercover car

calismog
All remember was seeing the two sensors and no cat.
This car was brought in last week. Obviously it was an undercover when i noticed the monitors complete and no cat. The next day i looked up the vehicle smog history and no sign it was failed at my shop!

Re: undercover car

There is a rumor going around that BAR sells UC to unsuspecting ppl in auctions and in the streets. Stay vigilant my dudes.

Re: undercover car

dano
No One wrote
There is a rumor going around that BAR sells UC to unsuspecting ppl in auctions and in the streets. Stay vigilant my dudes.

Re: undercover car

No One wrote
There is a rumor going around that BAR sells UC to unsuspecting ppl in auctions and in the streets. Stay vigilant my dudes.
I'm guessing you are referring to someone failing the car because the license plate or VIN matches an undercover car. They do sell these cars at government auctions but the plates on them are "cold plates" and don't stay on the car.

A friend of mine showed me a link a few years ago on a state auction site of a 1990ish Tempo that had been owned by BAR. I can only think of one reason they would have had that old car.

Re: undercover car

dano
Sounded more like he was saying they sold tampered cars to the public
and waited to see where they passed at...........

Re: undercover car

No One
This right here. Sorry if I didn't articulate my self enough.

Re: undercover car

dano wrote
Sounded more like he was saying they sold tampered cars to the public
and waited to see where they passed at...........
that still makes no sense, it would be privet property and how would they prove repairs havent been done. sounds like a waste of a undercover car. what if new owner dont comply

Re: undercover car

Just stay vigilant do a correct small don't do anything funky and you will be fine. It's when you start becoming a hood slammer. That the state will screw you with a d*** big enough that a Elephant could feel it