unlicensed activity definition

smogtechsj
can someone please explain to me what is "unlicensed auto repair"??

Re: unlicensed activity definition

Just the Facts

Re: unlicensed activity definition

Anyone who is not signed up with BAR and has a shop openfor autorepairs. Our neighbor here at the shop absoulutely refused to sign up and pay the BAR .he did really good for a long time

Re: unlicensed activity definition

smogtechsj
what if u only works on friends, family, and the people you know. no invoice, no name sign? does it matter.

Re: unlicensed activity definition

Karupt
smogtechsj, I would call them "hobbies" things you work on , on your spare time .

Re: unlicensed activity definition

Best Answer I Can Give
 My understanding is Take Money, You need a BAR Licence.

Re: unlicensed activity definition

smogtechsj
these guys have shop, they been doing it for over 15 years. No business license, no BAR ARD, no environmental permit, never pay any taxes. Ialways wonder how do they get rid of the oil?

Re: unlicensed activity definition

Troll
safeway , gas station garbage cans, sink, toilet, back yard.
No regard for anything.
Animals

Re: unlicensed activity definition

 smogtechsj, simple. Go on line and file a complaint about work you had done. Give some one $50 and get a oil change done at that shop. File a complaint about invoice not right. No BAR# on the invoice.

Re: unlicensed activity definition

Kriss Vector

Re: unlicensed activity definition

smogtechsj
wonder why dont they just go legit, they can make much more money????

Re: unlicensed activity definition

BayAreaSmogTech
smogtechsj wrote
wonder why dont they just go legit, they can make much more money????

Probably because they do shit cheap. If they had to pay for licenses, payroll, workers comp, environmental fees, taxes and all the other overhead, they probably would be in loss. People underestimate how much overhead costs.

Re: unlicensed activity definition

Troll
add in a couple of felonies, and open warrants

you are right, they do cheap works. no advertisement, only through referrals. walkin are not allow, no wonder the BAR cannot touch them.

Re: unlicensed activity definition

smogtechsj
i m nor sure at felonies and warrant but they seem like nice, hard working peops. does any of you guys know anyone does that? have a shop but not legit?

Re: unlicensed activity definition

Troll
Respectfully I stand by my statement on felonies, and add in late on child support, taxes, probation violations

 I will no go as far as Troll, but he makes a point. If they are willing to not follow that law, how many other are they willing to break?