visible smoke test customer information sheet

visible smoke test customer information sheet

MIGI G
im trying to find the visible smoke information sheet failure. to give a copy to my customer,but I can't find it on the bureau website since they updated it. I search on google for it and found it,but this stupid company wants to sell you that sheet in order to download it or print it.im not gonna pay for something that should be free lol. just wonder if anyone know if the bureau took this information away from there website to not give it to the customers any more????? I looked up the procedures doesn't say anywhere that you have to give them this sheet,other than documenting the ro and vir with smoke test failure and what part......any info on this guys?????

Re: visible smoke test customer information sheet

none
You don't HAVE to give it to a customer. OIS has a smoke fail section anyway. I have a scan I can post when I get a minute.

Re: visible smoke test customer information sheet

MIGI G wrote
im trying to find the visible smoke information sheet failure. to give a copy to my customer,but I can't find it on the bureau website since they updated it. I search on google for it and found it,but this stupid company wants to sell you that sheet in order to download it or print it.im not gonna pay for something that should be free lol. just wonder if anyone know if the bureau took this information away from there website to not give it to the customers any more????? I looked up the procedures doesn't say anywhere that you have to give them this sheet,other than documenting the ro and vir with smoke test failure and what part......any info on this guys?????
I assume You are asking because the customer is crying BS on the fail? If you want more info on procedures, look up the 2017 smog manual and go to appendix C.

Also, you don't have to give them anything except the fail paper with the reason you failed it and your dated signature. After that you can say "if you want to contest the results here is the STATE REF #. Give them a call." You saying that will shut down any customer up crying wolf. But if you're trying not to come off as an asshole, then give them an explanation on why its a fail. I usually say "Sorry, but the reason its a fail is because you're releasing particulate matters into the atmosphere."

Re: visible smoke test customer information sheet

I personally think if you give a good explanation and plenty of information you will gain more trust from the customer. It's worked for me over the years.

Re: visible smoke test customer information sheet

MIGI G
thank you for the sheet information 🙏🙌😊.  and I agree the more information the customer has, the less of an argument you will have with them, when there vehicle fails. especially when it's a visible smoke failure. I know you don't have to give them that sheet but does alot of explaining, (the failure for you lol)......thank you all ,for your inputs and time you guys take to reply to me. really appreciate it.

Re: visible smoke test customer information sheet

Smokey-cheken

Re: visible smoke test customer information sheet

No One
Smokey-cheken wrote
thnx!!! This PDF is going to help a lot. Since we are on this topic, do any of you fail for huge oil leaks or any oil leaking onto the manifold? I do if it the car leaves a huge puddle + smokes excessively after doing a dyno smog. Then again thats the crankcase fail

Re: visible smoke test customer information sheet

none
I didn't think we could fail for oil leaks even though I think it makes sense.

In the BAR CAP repair manual it says that they will not pay to repair oil leaks unless it is in the spark plug tubes and causing a missfire.

Re: visible smoke test customer information sheet

Best Answer I Can Give
 You people think that all I do is bitch and complain about the BAR. WRONG!
It is the crap work they do.

 LOOK at the form. Take a good look.
Why are you printing  it out and giving it to a person? Where in the HELL is the Standards\Rules of why you are failing it for smoke?

 Half ass work. Put on the form the rules. What we are to use to say GOOD or BAD.
 $600 will not pay the rent. But it will buy a weapon!

Re: visible smoke test customer information sheet

Smokey-cheken wrote
The BAR locked the PDF so you can't turn it into a form.  Who thought that was a good idea?

I worked around it, and turned it into a form.   You can open it within your browser, edit it, and print it.

Editable_VISIBLE_SMOKE_TEST_INFO_SHEET_.pdf

Re: visible smoke test customer information sheet

If the customer doesn't believe that you perform the test correctly give them the information for the referee and send them on their way

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/visible-smoke-test-customer-information-sheet-tp5083422.html