what a week in SF

bizarsmog
 I've never seen this note in San Francisco before ,This vehicle can only be certified by a Referee,1st one yesterday 2nd one this morning .WOOOW

Re: what a week in SF

SoCalSmogGuy
What kind of cars were they?
Work Smarter AND Harder

Re: what a week in SF

bizarsmog
1st one 2005 ford escape,2nd one 2000 cvic

Re: what a week in SF

bizarsmog wrote
I've never seen this note in San Francisco before ,This vehicle can only be certified by a Referee,1st one yesterday 2nd one this morning .WOOOW
 on the renewal form or on the ois  did you check the history it most likely failed already with wrong data

Re: what a week in SF

bizarsmog
i checked licence plate number and result
Make Model Year Date / Time Pass / Fail Certificate Referee Inspection
FORD ESCAPE XLT 2005 02/05/2019 11:07 a.m. D NO

Make Model Year Date / Time Pass / Fail Certificate Referee Inspection
HONDA CIVIC BASE 2000 06/22/2017 11:33 a.m. D NO
HONDA CIVIC BASE 2000 05/30/2017 03:33 p.m. P ZV914701C NO
HONDA CIVIC/SE 2000 11/02/2015 02:31 p.m. P PY919302C NO

Re: what a week in SF

BasicTech678
yup some one tried to clean plug those vehicles they are FOOKED in my mc gregor voice lol

Re: what a week in SF

What?

Re: what a week in SF

Samy
I had one yesterday. It was a 1990 mustang with no failing record at all and everything stuck. On the DMV paper was saying smog at a Star station which I am but as soon as I scanned the vin it said the vehicle has to be smoged by a Referee only. So I called Bar to see whats up with that The Bar guy did not know what I was talking about and he has never heard anything about this problem so he said just do what the screen is telling you refer her to Referee and I did.
Later on I got a phone call from the customer saying that she called Referee and they told her the station
might have problem with their machine so smog it at another place. She did and her car went through with out any problem. Damn I'm the bad guy again.

Re: what a week in SF

none
Did you punch the license or VIN into the test history page? I assume so since you knew it never failed. Did that page show that it had to go to the referee?

Re: what a week in SF

 Was having a problem with the OIS when I was Beta. Talked at lengthen to a BAR engineer. We talked about the Ref deal.

 This is what I got from him, (no I don't remember a name) They look at the math. The math has been changed, then it locks the vehicle out and send it to the Ref.
It has been "Chipped\Reprogrammed\What ever. The computer, Known math from the factory, has been changed, the vehicle get's flagged.

 They could also be looking at vehicle, (the older Mustang) that have been done at roadside inspections. Vehicle that looked funny at a Car Show.

 What I got was and if I can find it, I have a picture of what is printed out on a Nissan that tried. I will put it here.
Shop down by LAX would do it for $400.
Guy came back and told me I was right.

Re: what a week in SF

SoCalSmogGuy
Samy wrote
Later on I got a phone call from the customer saying that she called Referee and they told her the station
might have problem with their machine so smog it at another place. She did and her car went through with out any problem. Damn I'm the bad guy again.
That's absurd!
Work Smarter AND Harder

Re: what a week in SF

Samy
Yes I looked at it on the Bar Web site and it was not referred to Referee. But it showed on my screen even on the second try after I had my machine reset.

Re: what a week in SF

bangla
I have had two vehicles so far, a 2000 DODGE Durango with federal certification and 2001 DODGE Ram 1500 with California certification both were tried to be clean plugged and instead of getting certified they were locked out of the system and were sent to referee. Owners had no choice but fix the vehicles, went to referee and both got their vehicles cleared or released, it takes about 2 days for the vehicles to be back in the system. I was actually the one who was able to test them and certify them. So the referee is working at least it worked for me. Explain the vehicle owner very clear how the system and the referee program work and you might get a new customer.

Re: what a week in SF

Best Answer I Can Give
This is the picture

Re: what a week in SF

Yeah, but Samy's Mustang should have been on the BAR-97, and the BAR-97 hardly ever tries to stop you from making a fool of yourself.

Re: what a week in SF

Samy wrote
Yes I looked at it on the Bar Web site and it was not referred to Referee. But it showed on my screen even on the second try after I had my machine reset.
I would call BAR. I assume you have had other STAR directed cars go through on your BAR97 since then?

Before I was test only my ESP GEN2 would prompt on the screen that a "directed" car had to go to the referee.

Re: what a week in SF

This is the picture
most customers will never see this VIR with that message they just keep them and tell them it didnt work. i highly doubt they will explain to them hey we got caught doing a crooked smog. good luck fixing your car and dont tell them you asked for one.

how did you get one hmmmmm

Re: what a week in SF

Best Answer I Can Give
 Read and stop trying to be a smart ass.

 Guy ask me I told him NO. Some guy in a Nissan club told him about a guy by LAX It was done at that shop. The guy came back and showed me it.

Re: what a week in SF

BasicTech678
oooo so fiesty this morning, so easy lmao i hardly read your post it was a joke that flew over your head.