what do they make a year

just another shop owner
  So what does a PR1 make a year?

  My brother thinks and I agree the BAR got pissed that we make more money than them.

Re: what do they make a year

Reactor

Re: what do they make a year

Hobo
It starts at 4400 and up.

Re: what do they make a year

Hobo
A month.

Re: what do they make a year

Accused
The issue isn't what we make.  It's what they think we make.  BAR reps don't generally understand business any better than the average consumer.  They see your price and the volume numbers from the VID and do quick calculations on what they think you make.  They ignore real overhead and assume that you never have or pay any bills.

Most BAR reps assume that test-only owners make a fortune because they have no overhead and do a little volume.  And they are absolutely SURE that repair shop owners are millionaires.  I mean look at the labor rate.  Multiply that times the number of employees and what you make on parts.  How could you not be?

How many of you know what your cost per car was last year.  in other words, how many cars did you do and what was your net profit.  Do the math.  If you have employees you may see that you are charging less than cost at times.  No BAR rep around even begins to think about that.

So the comment was that BAR reps are pissed because they think we make more than them.  ABSOLUTELY TRUE.  They are envious sitting in their air conditioned cubicles with every holiday off, their state pensions, their full benefit packages and their union protected jobs.

Green with envy because they don't have a clue.

Re: what do they make a year

Mark
Any BAR ref that thinks that I will trade you places.
I am NOT fucking around. Give me your job and you can
have my business, blue sky and all. Ill throw in my old
lady as an incentive.

Re: what do they make a year

ratsass
ewwwwwww

Re: what do they make a year

Mark
ratsass wrote
ewwwwwww
Shoot, sorry ratsass I can't offer you a guy.
Keep your job and your special desires...

Re: what do they make a year

Karupt
ratsass , you must really like negative energy, so i will give you some . go crawl into the nearest ratsass that you can find which should probably take you about one second, since you live right in the vicinity of the nearest rat .

Re: what do they make a year

Accused, i absolutelllly agree . And that is why the STAR comes rolling around, everytime we type our price into the eis it should be -- NONya -- which is really the net of it .
   anyway, they have managed to take away more than fifty percent of my bussiness away , thus ensuring i dont make more than a Pencil Rammer one . I wnt from 150 smogs per month to 60 amonth i could work at mccadees for more than this !!! wtf ?