what does DOR stand for ? MB BMW VW emission labels

what does DOR stand for ? MB BMW VW emission labels

Lili

DOR?? Cant find info on google

Re: what does DOR stand for ? MB BMW VW emission labels

none
Direct Ozone Reduction radiator. Don't ask me how to tell.

Re: what does DOR stand for ? MB BMW VW emission labels

smog frogposter
none wrote
Direct Ozone Reduction radiator. Don't ask me how to tell.
kek

Re: what does DOR stand for ? MB BMW VW emission labels

Smokey-cheken
Some nissans have those too

Re: what does DOR stand for ? MB BMW VW emission labels

Lili wrote
DOR?? Cant find info on google
The mitchell applications guide has all the definitions in it.

Re: what does DOR stand for ? MB BMW VW emission labels

Direct Ozone Reduction radiator. Don't ask me how to tell.

Re: what does DOR stand for ? MB BMW VW emission labels

none
No One wrote
none wrote
Direct Ozone Reduction radiator. Don't ask me how to tell.
I've never seen that sensor on a German car radiator only Asian. They might use them on the newer ones but I don't really do any repair on German cars anymore. I don't know how easy it is to see and if it can just be attached to the wrong radiator or not.

Re: what does DOR stand for ? MB BMW VW emission labels

Hard Nox
The way I understand a DOR system is it is like one of those Air Purifier systems that you can buy from  store like Sharper Image to clean the air in your house.

Electronically charging a coil or a filter that removes the particulate matter from the air passing through.

The fins of the DOR Radiator is that coil or filter.

The vehicle simply moving forward is cleaning the air it is passing through.

Not reducing tailpipe emissions, but cleaning the air in another sense.

This was explained to me by a young brilliant mind at a molecular scientific level that went over my head. It sounded good to me.

Well I learned something new today

Re: what does DOR stand for ? MB BMW VW emission labels

Best Answer I Can Give
 How much BS are we being handed?

 What is the DOR used for?
It COST BMW $$$$$$ to even put the label on the car that says DOR.
If it really did any good to help the Ozone, would not every vehicle have it?
 $600 will not pay the rent. But it will buy a weapon!

Had a customer come from texas that had recently moved back to cali. She got in an accident where the insurance paid for all repairs. They did not install the DOR because texas, so when she got it tested it failed for MIL was on due to DOR not there. Radiator cost $$$$$.

Re: what does DOR stand for ? MB BMW VW emission labels

How much BS are we being handed?

 What is the DOR used for?
It COST BMW $$$$$$ to even put the label on the car that says DOR.
If it really did any good to help the Ozone, would not every vehicle have it?
 You think they put the more expensive parts on the car but it doesn't work? They was a great article on the World Pac forums about DOR radiators I read years ago...and more and more manufacturers ARE using them.

Best Answer I Can Give wrote
...If it really did any good to help the Ozone...
Ground level ozone is a bad thing and the ozone layer in the atmosphere is a good thing.