what repair program with invoices

Iconcur
so I'm opening a new TR shop and I need to have alldata or Mitchel online preferably with the option for electronic invoicing. any other programs out there or Experiences with the two I mentioned?

Re: what repair program with invoices

smwalker
Get a Demo Of the Identifix product:

https://www.identifix.com/shop-management/direct-shop/

Hopefully comes with access to direct hit and all the service manuals and such.

Re: what repair program with invoices

Best Answer I Can Give
 I know Windworks will send you a disc to try. I'm willing to bet all of them will give you a free, try me for a ?????

Re: what repair program with invoices

I OWN my Mitchell invoicing program. If you are planning on doing this for a long time I would recommend buying a program that you can update every five to ten years.

For repair information I prefer ALLDATA. It is better information because it is the factory information. Far better diagrams too. That said you have to look up stuff differently for each manufacturer.

Mitchell I have used in the old books for years at the independent repair shops I worked at and could always find what I was looking for quickly. I got very used to their wiring diagrams and they still redraw them in their style. I HATE German manual wiring diagrams. I have Mitchell now because I split it with another place.

Recently I was setting up the variable cam timing on a Toyota and it was far easier to do with the ALLDATA instructions vs. MITCHELL. ALLDATA had all the factory Toyota pictures and diagrams.

If you start doing your invoicing through their rented program you can't really change vendors and keep your records accessible.

Is there still an option to own Mitchell invoicing? And if so about how much of a ball park price would it be? I'm used to all data but very familiar with Mitchell. Also for identafix does it have an invoicing program?
CO2

This post was updated on .
Call Mitchells and ask all your questions.

Re: what repair program with invoices

smwalker
Yes Identifix does have an invoicing solution.  Seems their service is split up into 2 areas:

Direct Hit:  Shop solutions, service manuals, TSB, Wiring diagrams, Maintenance listings, etc.

Direct Shop: Invoicing,  estimating, vehicle history.

Then I think the direct shop elite adds parts inventory and accounting.  Usually not needed for a smaller shop especially if you are going to have a bookkeeper keep your books.

Thanks you guys are awesome, I'm going to check them out tonight.
iha

Re: what repair program with invoices

iha
Does Identifix have a pictorial for component location? Is it comparable to Alldata?

Re: what repair program with invoices

I would call each company and find the cost directly from them. I would look into separate invoicing options too like Winworks.