whats the highest turn aways you guys got for the past days?

whats the highest turn aways you guys got for the past days?

sandman
     Hows everyone like me holding up?    i got 4 turn aways so far.   now how am i going to pay my rent.   its 50 % of my cars that i had to turn away

Re: whats the highest turn aways you guys got for the past days?

SMOGGY
I'm turning away more than 10 a day..... I already listed one shop for sale.

Re: whats the highest turn aways you guys got for the past days?

sandman
i think one factor that affects this is the neighborhood where a shop is located.
i guess high income nieighborhoods will have a tendency to have some newer cars to smog for non stars
and vice versa.

     im the one on the high income neighborhood side, im getting fucked by the program but in a slowly but surely pace.

whereas, well, you get it.    defenitely had to act quickly before it drains our accounts

Re: whats the highest turn aways you guys got for the past days?

just another shop owner
 light weights 13 Jan 2

Re: whats the highest turn aways you guys got for the past days?

EL SMOGO
Wed. lost 12cars, thurs. 6 cars, today friday 6 cars. The ship is sinking FAST! shops will start to close. The BAR,s plan is working next will be star stations then who takes over? follow the MONEY The BIG BOYS will come in the picture. and take over. CALL YOUR STATE REPRESENATIVE !!!

Re: whats the highest turn aways you guys got for the past days?

mikesmobile
Boss turned away 15 yesterday.

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 12:08 PM, just another shop owner [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
 light weights 13 Jan 2

To start a new topic under Stop The Star Program, email [hidden email]

Mike

Re: whats the highest turn aways you guys got for the past days?

kilativ
wed. it was 8 turned away, and 7 did.
thu. 5 turned away, and 6 did.
today 3 already went somewhere else, only 2 done so far.
So roughly over 50% lost.

Re: whats the highest turn aways you guys got for the past days?

Sandman, you turned 4 cars away and that is 50% of your bussiness? How do you survive doing only 8 cars? It sounds like you have more problems than the star program if you are only doing 8 cars aday.

Re: whats the highest turn aways you guys got for the past days?

nomorebiz

Re: whats the highest turn aways you guys got for the past days?

smogmeister
wed. machine down
thurs. did 11 turned away 7
fri. done 2 so far turned away 4 so far

Not 1 star in my city or the couple cities over
 The closest one i found had 4 in that city.All these guys do illegals and fail everything if you are just a walk in customer.Run cars cold, fail timing without checking it, failing timing on cars with no timing,failing caps without checking.I get their fails alot.I dont even do anything and they pass.But im doing a proper inspection they are not.Yet they got star.Its all about number manipulation.Bar thinks they know who does correct inspections.Hah! Funny thing too, all the star station are turning away old junk.Afraid it will pass.This shit is turning into a joke!

Re: whats the highest turn aways you guys got for the past days?

smogmeister
8 cars a day isnt bad.I could survive off that.Not unless your rent is like 3 gs.Places where theres a crapload of shops 8 is sufficient I think.How many cars do u guys need to do to survive? Im sure those of us with spouses that work need less.

Re: whats the highest turn aways you guys got for the past days?

smogster
Just imagine when the star certified stations smog machines start breaking down, due to overuse and wear and tear. Its going to be way worse than i thought for the customers.

Re: whats the highest turn aways you guys got for the past days?

I guess it depends on what you can charge for a smog and if you work by your self and rent is low, 8 might be ok to make a living. I my self am not in business to make a living, I can do that anywhere. I am in business to make some serious cash. Being in business is about making money and not doing all the work yourself. In fact doing very little of the work and spending very little time in the shop and still making more money then the highest paid tech who is working for someone else and 8 cars aday in most cases will not provide that.

Re: whats the highest turn aways you guys got for the past days?

sandman
8 cars is my average cars but it charge 48 to 78 bucks per car so i do make it eventually. i made it the whole year but; without qualifying to the program, then im out of business in  march.  zero ads

Mike

Re: whats the highest turn aways you guys got for the past days?

Sandman, don't give up hope, you need to think outside the box you are stuck in. This is the problem with a low volumn car count with a good price, when things go bad you can not survive. If I were you I would drop the price in half and increase your car counts to 16 or more aday and you are right back you where you need to be. You might not have to drop the price in half right away but be lower then your competion to drive the cars to your location. This is against what you would want do in normal circumstances but you are not in normal circumstances you are in survival mode and do what ever it takes to survive.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Re: whats the highest turn aways you guys got for the past days?

Its not toot toot its business 101, if your in business think like a business man not like  a tech who wants to be in business.

Re: whats the highest turn aways you guys got for the past days?

lost 8 wed did 12
lost 6 thurs did 15
lost 6 today so far did 17

Re: whats the highest turn aways you guys got for the past days?

Accused
So let me follow your math here.

Cut your price in half, double your car count.  At that point you make the same money and worked twice as much for it.  Had to buy more certs, made more phone calls, used more electricity, dealt with more asshole customers (due to the low price), caused more wear and tear to the machine and used more preprinted work orders.

Am I the only one that doesn't buy the logic here??

I see neighborhoods all over that have too many test-only's where the shops are cutting each other's throats to do 10 cars a day at a price below cost.  If there aren't enough cars to feed all the shops in town, there's just too many shops.  You won't change that by cutting your price in half.

Re: whats the highest turn aways you guys got for the past days?

Citation Addict
10 AS OF NOW FOR THE WEEK, AND LOST TWO OF MY VERY BEST CUSTOMERS.
12