why is my star score dropping so low?

Re: why is my star score dropping so low?

MIGI G
I can feel your pain brotha, but I decided to get out of smog inspection only about 2 years ago so I wouldn't have that worry.
eventually the smog inspection side is gonna go away. I have a couple of buddies that do service on generator and make about 30 hr....most of the job they tell me is driving and changing oil and basic  Maintenance. sound like a chill job or crown lift is another good company too.....im just working at Ford rite now doing driveability on gas and diesel and sometimes do heavy duty but I like it tho:] better than doing smog all day and watch your back for bar.......but it still pisses me off they have a broken down system.
I had a bar rep tell me before that he didn't like star....I was a little shocked 😲 when he told me that lol

Re: why is my star score dropping so low?

MIGI G
sometimes I just feel we should sue the bar for all the BS they put us threw.

Re: why is my star score dropping so low?

WealdstoneRaider
If you're not in the smog industry anymore why are you whining? Only low score techs complain and yap their conspiracies. Like Best would say: sour grapes
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

Re: why is my star score dropping so low?

WealdstoneRaider wrote
I should probably stay out of this, but do all high scoring techs stand behind the STAR program? The reason I ask is because my score has always been fine and I bitched about STAR constantly.  Now my score finally went into the toilet and I say it's about time!
Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

Re: why is my star score dropping so low?

MIGI G
its not about whipping, or the fact I got out of the test only side of smog! it's about an government agency that does how they please with us,they make not realistic rules that grades us unfairly!.
its really setup to take out tech's, no matter how good u are and follow procedures. if they want u, they can take u out any time 💯.
And that ain't rite.

Re: why is my star score dropping so low?

Best Answer I Can Give
 I believe the BAR just screws with the scores just to make you do what they think is a better.
  WE HAVE THE POWER.

Re: why is my star score dropping so low?

STAR is Racist
My score jumped to a .98 and makes me more confident than ever that the STAR scoring system is a bogus made up number that has little to do with a techs smog check performance.

he has a low score because he was a clean piper.

Re: why is my star score dropping so low?

WealdstoneRaider
No One wrote
WealdstoneRaider wrote
He hasn't responded yet so probably, why else would the score fall below .10 right?
want sm'ting I'll give it to ya

I stopped cleanpiping 3 1/2 years ago, I don't know why it took so long for my score to tank.
Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

Re: why is my star score dropping so low?

This happened to me when I left the independent and went to dealership for a while my score dropped off at the space of the planet because frankly at dealerships you're not dealing with used cars you're dealing with nothing but new in 2017 I was working for CarMax in Fremont California and we were doing 100 carbs a day but then when I opened up my own facility or car card went rabbit lie down and so does my score

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020, 5:44 PM MIGI G [via Stop The Star Program] <[hidden email]> wrote:
does anyone know why my score is dropping so low?
 I stop working test only about 2 years ago. work at a dealership now, only do like 3 or 4 new used cars a day or government fleet vehicles. ever since I started working at the dealer, my score just kept dropping. followed the book been doing this for 8 years now. had my score at .98 before and now it went from .78, .58, .29, now .05.....im like wtf.....i don't need my star score but dam if  really needed a job I would be fk......i just dont get how?????

http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/why-is-my-star-score-dropping-so-low-tp5081281.html

Re: why is my star score dropping so low?

smwalker
Did you do anything about it Kevin?

I know the businesses can file an appeal when they lose STAR.  Can individual Techs do anything ?

I am in the same boat stepped away from the industry for 2 years and the score tanked.  I was never high volume and only OIS cars.  Seems to me I paid for a professional licence I should be able to work in the industry, not I am barred from working at what 50% of the shops (STAR Stations) .  Like saying if a Lawyers clients committed crimes after he defended them he would not be able to practice law in 50% of the courtrooms in the state.

Re: why is my star score dropping so low?

smwalker wrote
Or if a licensing agency granted licenses to people who were later found to have been commiting crimes more often than 90% of other licensing agencies, they would lose the privilidge of enforcing regulations and would only be allowed to run the 4 hr update and make pinch-point CDs..
Loaded for bear, licensed for quail.

Re: why is my star score dropping so low?

No One
tampered wrote
smwalker wrote
Like saying if a Lawyers clients committed crimes after he defended them he would not be able to practice law in 50% of the courtrooms in the state.
Or if a licensing agency granted licenses to people who were later found to have been commiting crimes more often than 90% of other licensing agencies, they would lose the privilidge of enforcing regulations and would only be allowed to run the 4 hr update and make pinch-point CDs..
sPEAKING OF PINCH POINT cds. does anyone know where i can find the pinch point program to install on my computer?

Re: why is my star score dropping so low?

scanner
No One wrote
sPEAKING OF PINCH POINT cds. does anyone know where i can find the pinch point program to install on my computer?
Try this, it's my Mega account

https://mega.nz/folder/dqY1BYzR#V5R-UaqjgAd8SSG_lb2caw

https://mega.nz/folder/dqY1BYzR#V5R-UaqjgAd8SSG_lb2caw
Thnx scanner

Re: why is my star score dropping so low?

user7112
Dude

Thank you so much scanner
12