worldwide who purchased last 4 years

BasicTech678
looking into a used worldwide EIS-5000 the seller will be sending me the serial number and model number from the picture provided it looks like the newer machine. are they upgrading all machines that have been purchased in the last few years? date of manufacture is may 2013. can this be upgraded to 2017 specifications? thank you in advance

looking to pull the trigger on this machine asap .

Re: worldwide who purchased last 4 years

none
I would definitely call World Wide to find out because from what I have read before it isn't very likely.
http://stop-the-star-program.3084.x6.nabble.com/WW-Enhanced-Bar97-td5053623.html

Re: worldwide who purchased last 4 years

Best Answer I Can Give
 Looking at the machine itself I don't think is a problem. All of anything means ZERO if you can't get it serviced when it goes down.
Reading stuff on this site about poor if ZERO service from the WW tech's. would be a HUGE factor.
If the machine cost a dollar, but it doesn't work, and you can't get it serviced, you have wasted a dollar.
If you don't want someone to "Get your Goat". Don't tell them where it is tied.

Re: worldwide who purchased last 4 years

locopoco
I would call WW to make sure but as far as I know WW leaves the original analyzer drawer and just changes you PC drawer and updates your files to newer version, cause only thing changes on these new machine is communication side of it(Ethernet and later on the EVAP Com port).

thats exactly what im hoping for, hopefully someone here has gone through that already and can confirm
iha

Re: worldwide who purchased last 4 years

iha
This post was updated on .
I had a bench go out on a 12 - 15 year old EIS 5000 Platinum Series California version. My choice , spend $5000 on a rebuilt bench with minimum warranty or purchase a new EIS 5000 for close to $20000 with a 5 year warranty. WW would not deny or confirm that my smog machine was upgradable. Looking back it probably was. I pressed WW for the new machine and the tech says he never saw WW move so fast in getting me a machine. Tech says, I went to the front of the que. I agree with locopoco and none confirm with WW.